Man Builds Cruise Misile in garage!!!!

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
What the HELL??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap man...this is really funny. I guess what Iran and Pakistan need , are high speed internet connections.

The Watcher

Whao!!! Iran asked for the tech? :eek Dangerous stuff, why don't the government of US or NZ hire this guy and make him work for themselvse rather than the "terrorists?"

Winter

Yes I have heard of this guy too...I think he is particularly angry about the state of the New Zealand military...After the cancellation of the Pakistani F-16s, the newly-elected government controversially dismantled the Air Force strike wing, leaving a handful of C-130s as the backbone, for example....I suppose his cruise missile project only highlighted this...So no wonder they didn't hire him.

A US company was actually going to hire him until the government shut him down.

If you want to check out his website:

http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/ :cat2

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I think, i gonna plan to build manpads in my garage. quite cool huh. Maybe someday i could become US worst fear when my manpads will shot down one of their "civilian" apache attack helicopter, thus killing the "civillian" pilot with it's civilian" gunner.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Winter said:
Yes I have heard of this guy too...I think he is particularly angry about the state of the New Zealand military...After the cancellation of the Pakistani F-16s, the newly-elected government controversially dismantled the Air Force strike wing, leaving a handful of C-130s as the backbone, for example....I suppose his cruise missile project only highlighted this...So no wonder they didn't hire him.

A US company was actually going to hire him until the government shut him down.

If you want to check out his website:

http://www.interestingprojects.com/cruisemissile/ :cat2
Incorrect. He was trying to demonstrate to the New Zealand Govt that its possible for anyone can build one of these under the right circumstances.

He was NEVER approached by US companies.
He has been doing this for about 2 years - its only just got air play (again) recently

btw, New Zealand has only lost its fixed wing combat section. The rest of the airforce is intact. If New Zealand was under threat they know that Australia would be using its defence forces to back them up if needed.

He's not a genius, he's a lateral thinker.

Winter

gf0012 said:
btw, New Zealand has only lost its fixed wing combat section. The rest of the airforce is intact. If New Zealand was under threat they know that Australia would be using its defence forces to back them up if needed.
I'm sorry but that is what I meant; 'dismantled the Air Force strike wing.'

On the rest, I stand corrected.

A

Aussie Digger

I saw that the this man was actually declared bankrupt by the New Zealand authorities. He was in talks with American companies to sell his technology and develop it further, (who wouldn't want a cruise missile for $5000 New Zealand dollars? That works out to around $3200 US Dollars!!!) Apparently Iran made approaches to him and offered him in his words " a very attractive proposition," however he informed the New Zealand Intelligence Services that it wouldn't be a very sensible idea to export this technology to Iran. Now NZ goes ahead and bankrupts him. What are they trying to do, force him to take this technology overseas? Bankrupting him doesn't sound like a very sensible idea to me...