Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015

adroth

Like any publication, even Janes Fighting Ships needs help from time to time

Philippine Navy @ Janes Fighting Ships 2014-2015

While they did a pretty good job of keeping tabs on the latest developments. From the PN Frigate acquisition to the Strategic Support Vessel, it's somewhat disappointing that what used to be one of the largest ships in the fleet is still on the publication . . .

. . . 13 years after the PN actually announced its decommissioning . . .

. . . and a year after it was brought up to one of the local Jane's reporters

That, among other issues.

Ananda

The Bunker Group
Well, Jane's is not always up dated on the latest Inventory. I remember in the mid 80's edition, they still put Indonesian navy have an active Whiskey class submarine, when all of the Whiskey being deactivated as soon as the two 209 already operational by 1984.

One of more senior friend even told me that early 70's edition still put Indonesian sole cruiser the Sverdlov class KRI Irian in operational status, when that ship has not reached operational status after 1968. I never see that edition though, but considering my friend used to work for Indonesian Mindef, then I take his info has merits.

Anyway, do you have more info on which new Frigates designed that Philippines Navy will be ended up with ?

adroth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, Jane's is not always up dated on the latest Inventory. I remember in the mid 80's edition, they still put Indonesian navy have an active Whiskey class submarine, when all of the Whiskey being deactivated as soon as the two 209 already operational by 1984.

One of more senior friend even told me that early 70's edition still put Indonesian sole cruiser the Sverdlov class KRI Irian in operational status, when that ship has not reached operational status after 1968. I never see that edition though, but considering my friend used to work for Indonesian Mindef, then I take his info has merits.
Thanks Ananda. Misery loves company

Anyway, do you have more info on which new Frigates designed that Philippines Navy will be ended up with ?
Really hard to say at this point. South Korea is very aggressive in its efforts so the winds appear to be blowing in that direction. But in PH acquisitions, nothing is certain till the ship is in our ports