Pakistan Navy's Acquisition of F-22P frigates

twk03

Salaam

I read an article at pakdef.info that spoke of the PNS in negotiations for F-22 surface ships from China. What is this ship, what are it's capabilities and if this is true, how does this affect the balance of naval power.

Wa'salaam

elkaboingo

it wont affect the balance much, but will better our 'credible deterrance' doctrine. its just a frigate, but is better than the old amazon ones. i think, with a little tweaking, it can be made partially stealth ie the detection range is a little less. hopefully, we will buy something like c-803 (supersonic cruise missile). this would level the playing field for us.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
Re: Pakistan Acquisition of surface ships

The first F-22 is already under construction. You can check the pictures in the gallery.
I think the F-22 armed with C-803s and with it´s lower RCS will be a good coastal defense and ASW platform.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer

Hmmm...nice find.

The one I was talking about was this picture:

The newest FFG coming out of a covered shipyard in Shanghai. In the adjacent yard the foundation hull of an F-22P FFG (Guided Missile Frigate), which is destined for the Pakistan Navy, can be seen.

Man Of Courage

I was about to start the same topic in which we would discuss the F-22P Frigates and its specifications.

The moderators are requested to change the name of the topic to "The acquisition of F-22P frigates by the PN"

PROGRAME :

The deal to be signed by mid of this year. most likely to be of 4 frigates with TOT.

DESIGN :
Smaller cross section area with some stealth features. (Don`t know if this means that the TYPE 053H3 will be specially designed for PN requirments)

C3I :
It will be a Chinese system which is a copy of French system.

SENSORS :
It will have the sensors, radar, sonar, ESM, ECM etc. of Chinese origin, majority of them are copies of Western types.The communication systems will be German.

WEAPONS SYSTEMS :
It will have C-802 SSM and FM-90(N) (HQ-7) SAM
Main gun and AA guns will also be Chinese.Link Y will be installed (what does this word "link Y" means ? ).PN trying to get PHALANX Block-II CIWS.

AVIATION :
Z-9C Helicopter.

PROPULSION :
The engines are 4 MTU (German) diesels.

ALL ABOVE DATA provided by a PN Officer (some of you know what I am talking about.)

Man Of Courage

Thanks moderators for changing the name.

Now, members are requested to talk about the different aspects of these frigates. According to sinodefence site,

The Type 053H3 has a Thomson-CSF TAVITAC (or its Chinese copy ZKJ-4B/6) combat data system to integrate various weapons and sensors onboard. So, as the Officer said that it is a chinese copy of French system, this means that it is the ZKJ-4B/6 C3I system.

Similarly, talk about the difference between desiel and gas turbines, the capabilities of C-802 SSM and HQ-7 SAM, and any other thing members want to discuss regarding this frigate.

ullu

Link Y will be installed
From Naval Tech:

Airborne Link Y Mk2 Terminal for Helicopters and Fixed Wing Aircraft. SSP’s advanced datalink Y Mk2 enables the establishment of a complete and uniform tactical picture amongst a maximum of 31 participating units.

Some sort of real-time arial/communication meeting point for different type of units participating in a battle/excercise mainly on sea and off shore HQ!

So in other words, it something good, something advance :?: and pakistan will be getting it. :D :pak