NZ Navy Midshipman Courses

PattyD

Hi Guys.
I am looking at applying for a midshipmans course in the NZ Navy to syudy Engineering. Can anyone give me some help with who I should talk to/ sites I should visit etc. please tell me!
Thanks.

Lucasnz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi Guys.
I am looking at applying for a midshipmans course in the NZ Navy to syudy Engineering. Can anyone give me some help with who I should talk to/ sites I should visit etc. please tell me!
Thanks.
Goto the navy careers website for a start. Look around the website and read all the information on your particular area. I would also suggest you look at the other trade options, just in case.

Then talk to your local recruiter, who will typically be a senior rating with a wealth of experience and quiz them in depth about life at sea etc.

Hope this helps - if you're trying to make the next selection board you need to get moving.

mug

As Lucasnz suggests, look at the website.

Also, I would suggest you contact Recruiting as they are currently preparing a whole new batch of up to date material.

PattyD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.
What are your opinions on applying early? I am just about to begin my IGCSE Examinations (Is mostly the same as Lvl 1). Can you also advise me on the selection process and any people I should talk to?
Thanks again.

mattyem

Thanks guys.
What are your opinions on applying early? I am just about to begin my IGCSE Examinations (Is mostly the same as Lvl 1). Can you also advise me on the selection process and any people I should talk to?
Thanks again.
talk to a recruiter or serving officer