Has anyone heard any info regarding carrier build cycle

barnyard2

I remember reading something about the seapower subcomittee moving U.S. carrier build rates from 5 years to 4 years. Does anyone have any info if this actually was written into the defense legislation or just a proposal?

Sea Toby

While a subcommittee may have voted such, I don't recall. However, the administration, Congress, and the navy are stretching out carrier builds a year, not shortening their builds.... While the press loves to print subcommittee votes, they do not necessarily show the will of the whole House and of the entire Senate, much less the administration and the pentagon...

Legislation has to go through the House and Senate committees, the whole House and Senate, usually a joint House and Senate committee, back to the full House and Senate again, and then signed by the President before it becomes law... A subcommittee isn't even a committee...

I like to refer to this as a baseball game. House and Senate floor is first base, the joint committee is second base, the final House and Senate floor as third base, and the President's signature is home plate... A subcommittee is with the batter in the batter's box swinging or taking pitches... The batter has yet to hit the ball into play....

F-15 Eagle

What Sea Toby said, however I'm kind of hoping the DoD does put the carrier contruction back to 4 year intervals because the 5 year intervals does no good and does not save any money.