French to provide Afghan air-strike cover

Atlantic Friend

I hope this is not a repost...

French to provide Afghan air-strike cover
BRUSSELS, April 5 (UPI) -- France is to station an aircraft carrier in the Indian Ocean from mid-May to provide aerial support to NATO troops deploying in Afghanistan.

The Brussels-based military alliance is currently in the process of boosting troop numbers in Afghanistan from 8,000 to 17,000 as the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force moves into volatile southern and eastern provinces. Most of the soldiers for ISAF's third-stage expansion are from Britain, the United States, Canada, the Netherlands and Denmark.

The Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier, which is currently carrying out military exercises in the Indian Ocean, will stay in theater after mid-May to provide NATO troops with extra strike capability if they run into difficulties. Alliance spokesman James Appathurai told reporters Wednesday that the French vessel would provide "robust capabilities to ensure stability and security through the Stage Three expansion. [....]"
Complete article here :

http://www.upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20060405-101113-2725r

Atlantic Friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang ! I made a little research with "France", "charles de gaulle" and "carrier", and I didn't see it.

Well, if that is a repost, I guess the Mods will have to erase the thread. Sorry guys !

harryriedl

Verified Defense Pro
dose it still have a reputation for unreliablitly by the french charles de gaulle?

what its air complament?