Former warships for sale

Vanguard

First is a 2011 model, very likely to have been a shipyard demonstrator of some form.

The second is older and looks very much like a cousin to the broad style of patrol boats such as those used by Ireland, New Zealand and I think it’s the Maldives. It also could be some form of demonstrator and would fit with the timeframe when these vessels began to appear.

Normally shipyards build such units to test designs with smaller vessels to prove the vessel to potential clients as they can often find new homes with police agencies and smaller nations once the shipyard does not require the services.

Dodger67

The one located in South Africa is definitely not former SA Navy.
I've asked a few friends with maritime connections to take a look, perhaps they can find some detail.

Last edited:

Lostfleet

are these ships for sale for private customers or governments?

I don't know how economical or even how comfortable would they be as a yacht, but at least they would be mean looking yachts compared to other ones :)

aussienscale

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
are these ships for sale for private customers or governments?

I don't know how economical or even how comfortable would they be as a yacht, but at least they would be mean looking yachts compared to other ones :)
Depends on how they are being sold ? Obviously second hand ships with gear are Navy to Navy, with dependant factors. Ships to be decomissioned are generally to the highest bidder, one of the more famous purchases was an ex Canadian ship (HMCS Stormont) which purchased and converted into a private yatcht by Aristotle Onassis

CHRISTINA O motor yacht charter greece

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_O"]Christina O - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

There were also a couple of ex RAN Attack Class Patrol Boats that were privately purchased as well, IIRC, it was discussed on the RAN thread a couple on months ago, a thread search would bring up more

Cheers