Canadian sub

stephen weist

As a canadian I am furious at the federal government always adopting a minimalistic attitude when supplying our service men and women with the equipment they need. I may be completly wrong (please correct me if I am) but to buy subs armed with med range standoff Harpoon missle systems then take them off the boat and leave only torps seems wacky. I think the farther away you can destroy someone hunting your ship is the most intelligent way to fight. Our poor Navy...

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseB

Probably the same people that took away most of your personally owned guns took the missle capability away from your navy. If you folks north of the border don't vote these people out of office, it will get worse. :(

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
ger_mark said:
its not only the navy
i also wonder why they dont plan to buy a new mbt after leopard 1
I think you'll find that the Canadian White Paper is pushing for tyred vehicles over tracks as their new principle platforms. they're intending to stick new-gen 120mm's on high mobility vehicles.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
gf0012-aust said:
I think you'll find that the Canadian White Paper is pushing for tyred vehicles over tracks as their new principle platforms. they're intending to stick new-gen 120mm's on high mobility vehicles.
The DoD plans to replace the C1s with LAV III 105mm mobile gun system. Last year the government announced that Canadian armed forces will become more efficient at responding to crisis. Basically they're saying they plan to restructure the military so it can rapidly deploy to where it is needed.

stephen weist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The C1 replacement will be a flop. It will not be able to cope with anything bigger than a APC. I think the M60-2000, M8 or even the Stingray II would have been a better choice. The liberal government want to play on the world stage but do not want to pay the price.