Salute to Pakistan for job well done

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
I'm not a Pakistani, but my country have purchase several type of Pakistan made weapons. the one that impress me so much is the ANZA MK-II VSHORAD missile. The recent test shown that its performance is comparable to western or Rusian build systems like STINGER and IGLA. this prove that ANZA MK-II is not just a "backyard job by a third world nation" as was claim by some military critics. It's nice to see a Muslim nation is still capable to achieve such a high level of technological capability, since i'm quite disapointed with the sorry state that most of the Muslim nations is today. I would really appreciated if any Pakistani here can show me the picture of the ANZA MK-III. i seem couldn't find it anywhere else.

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
There is not much information on the internet regarding Anza Mk III. The word is that Pakistan has tested this shoulder launched SAM recently and more tests are going on. Probably it will look just like the Anza mkII SAM. :)

favad

also some other links

http://members.rogers.com/pakistandefence/airforcesams.html#3

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/qw-1.htm

Anza Mk I, II & III surface-to-air missile

Development/Description

Pakistan is producing Anza Surface to Air Missiles (SAM) indigenously. Mk1 & II are already give to army. The Dr A Q Khan Research Laboratories are developing the Anza Mk III missile system. This is reported to be a missile in the class of the Russian Strela (SA-9 `Gaskin'/SA-13 `Gopher') type system and may well incorporate transferred technology from friendly nations. No other details are available at present other than it will be a self-propelled system.

favad

sorry for reposting again and again i find this interesting so i would like to share this with u guys

HJ-8
Baktar Shikan
The PLA's second-generation anti-tank missile "Hongjian-8" [Red Arrow] was deployed in the late 1980s. This anti-tank missile has a long range and is accurate, dependable and powerful. It can pierce through armors 80mm thick. The front armor of the gun tower of Taiwan's best M60 tanks is only 110mm thick. The latest "Hongjian-8E" was finalized for production in the mid-1990. The "Hongjian-8E" has a range of four kilometers, and an estimated hit accuracy of over 90 percent. Since it is fitted with tandem warhead, it can pierce through tanks with reactive armor, and has an armor-piercing depth of over 100 millimeters. The "Hongjian-8E" can be carried by infantry soldiers or mounted on various types of vehicles and helicopters. The performance of the "Hongjian-8E" is similar to the "TOW" anti-tank missiles of the US army, and is better than the German and French "Milan" anti-tank missile.
The main attack weapon of China's Z-11, Mi-17 and Gazelle helicopter gunships is the Hongjian-8 anti-tank missile. China's first special helicopter gunship is a type of Gazelle anti-tank armed helicopter imported from France. Although its pylons can carry four to six Hongjian-8 and other anti-tank missiles, they can also carry rockets, machine guns and even cannons. The new WZ-9 helicopter gunship, the WZ-9 [export model code-named Z-9G] is a gunship converted from the French-designed Z-9 helicopter produced under license in China. Its pylons can carry four Hongjian-8 anti-tank missiles. As early as in 1989, a Hongjian-8 anti-tank missile was successfully launched from the WZ-9 helicopter.

In July 1997 Pakistan successfully tested two missile systems -- Anza and Baktar Shikan, which will add to its conventional military strength. Baktar Shikan is a second generation anti-tank guided missile weapon system which pursues the principle of optical aiming, IR tracking and automatically generated, remote controlled and wire transmitted guidance signals. The system can quickly be dis-assembled into the following four sub-units, each not weighing more than 25 Kgs, thus making the system man-portable:

Encased missile
IR Goniometer
Guidance unit
Tripod assembly
Aiming at the target through 12 magnifications sight of Goniometer, the firer presses the firing trigger and keeps the cross hairs of the sight on the target. The rest is done by the system itself, which automatically guides the missile to fly along the line of sight until it hits the target and a powerful warhead enables its destruction.
Support Equipment :

First Echelon Instrument -- a special device for quickly judging the operational state of Launching & Guidance System before firing. It is carried manually in a canvas pack.
Second Echelon Instrument -- facilitates fault finding of the Launching & Guidance System up to component level for repairs. It can be carried in a vehicle for use in the field.
Indoor Training Simulator -- provides inexpensive possibility of training the firer without resorting to actual firing.

Specifications

Propulsion solid
Range 3000 meters
Hit probability 90%
Penetration Probability 90%
Depth of
Penetration-static > 800 mm
Depth of
Penetration-dynamic 180 mm at 680 HRA
Rate of fire 2-3 Rds per minute
Mean flying speed 220 meters/seconds
Encased missile 1566 x 155 mm; 25 kg
(length x diameter)
Main missile 875 X 120 X 320 MM;
(length x dia x 11.2 Kg
wing-span)
IR Goniometer 480 x 150 x 280 mm;
(length x width x 12.5 kg
height)
Guidance unit 665 x 368 x 350 mm;
(length x width x 24 kg
height)
Tripod assembly 327 x 368 x 994 mm;
(length x width x 23 kg
height)
IR Goniometer

Wide IR field
of view ±49 m Rad
Narrow IR field
of view ±7 m Rad
Field of view
of sight 6°
Magnification of
sight x12
Field of Fire
Elevation -7° ~ +13°
Traverse 360°
Environmental Condition for Firing Temperature -40 °C ~ +50 °C
Climate -- All Weather

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/hj-8.htm

sukhoiman

lmao...indigenous? I dont call making a copy of the chinese vanguard MANPAD indigenous in the same way that Al Khalid is really an MBT 2000 with new paint and a few minor changes.

suleman

sukhoiman if u have little information regarding this topisc and develoment of ANZA then u must not have said this thig.But certainly u have complete freedom of speech here with responsibility.Soo plzz prove what u have said and provide solid evidence and justify that ANZA III is copy of some chineese missile.
If indeginous means that u make ever nut and bolt in your own country only then ur wrong every product is mixture of technologies today.We cant research from zero if we do soo then we will never move ahead.So we use previous technology and work on it and improve it.U will know it if u have slightest information of how research is going on in the world.
Please prove what u have said and provide solid evidence too.Like to see some links too.
Thanks.

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
all i can say is dat pakistan is da best :) and i love dere Al-khalid..one of the most deadliest tanks in da world..atleast from wat i have heard :)

Oqaab

sukhoiman said:
lmao...indigenous? I dont call making a copy of the chinese vanguard MANPAD indigenous in the same way that Al Khalid is really an MBT 2000 with new paint and a few minor changes.
Al-Khalid was a joint venture. The tank indigenously made by Pakistan was Al-Zarrar. Far superior to Arjuns .... :D

JST

No one is claiming that Brahmos is an Indian missile it is developed by Russian and Indian Scientists, I don't know from where ULLU gets such strange news.

www.brahmos.com

mysterious

JST said:
No one is claiming that Brahmos is an Indian missile it is developed by Russian and Indian Scientists, I don't know from where ULLU gets such strange news.

www.brahmos.com
LOL JST!! I bet you just hurt a billion Indian feelings! Look at the posts all over this forum from our Indian friends and the articles/news in the Indian media claiming Brahmos to be an indigenously made Indian missile! :D

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
Talk about BrahMos can have its own thread. This isn't the topic to discuss such missiles. :roll