Pak bought missile technology from N Korea, reveals Benazir

Status
Not open for further replies.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
http://www.newindpress.com/Newsitem...421&Title=B+R+E+A+K+I+N+G++++N+E+W+S&Topic=0&

TOKYO: Pakistan's former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto said in an interview with a Japanese newspaper published on Sunday that Pakistan bought long-range missile technology from North Korea following a visit she made to Pyongyang in 1993.

But in the interview in London with the Asahi Shimbun, she denied suspicions that Pakistan provided the Stalinist state with nuclear arms technology in exchange for the missile expertise.

"Through my visit to North Korea in December 1993, we managed to obtain long-range missile technology," Bhutto was quoted as saying in a Japanese-language translation.

Asahi said that the original English text of the interview was not immediately available.

"We did not obtain them in exchange for nuclear technology. We bought them with money," she said.

But the former premier added she did not approve of missile development on the basis of the North Korean technology.

It is widely believed that a series of Pakistan's Ghauri missiles are based on North Korea's Nodong missile.

The Watcher

:nonsense

She has an old habit of saying bullcrap to foreign media to get attention. She went to India and said anti pakistani bs and now this.... she was a trator is a trator and enemies of Pakistan love her for that but sadly pakistan does not and nor do they want her to be talking like this on pakistans national interests. She is a liar first and then something else. ;)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Watcher said:
:nonsense

She has an old habit of saying bullcrap to foreign media to get attention. She went to India and said anti pakistani bs and now this.... she was a trator is a trator and enemies of Pakistan love her for that but sadly pakistan does not and nor do they want her to be talking like this on pakistans national interests. She is a liar first and then something else. ;)
Hasn't Musharaff had her judged "in absentia"?

umair

Peace Enforcer
Believe me Gary, even if she sat on a hotplate and then said anything, no Pakistani would belive her now.

RealIndian

umair said:
Believe me Gary, even if she sat on a hotplate and then said anything, no Pakistani would belive her now.
It is well known that pakistan's missiles are NK/chinise & nuclear tech is chinese. We dont forget AQ khan case. Some month before there was a news that pakistan open offered nuclear tech to Nijeria.

umair, do you believe FAS, GS, Armscontrol?

Pakistan

http://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/missiles.asp

Hatf-1 Operational 80-100 km/500 kg Domestic Production
Hatf-2 Tested/Developement 190 km/500 kg Domestic/China
Hatf-3 (Ghaznavi) Tested/Development 280 km/500 kg Domestic/China
Tarmuk Development 300 km/800 kg Domestic/China
Haider-1 Development 350 km/? kg Domestic Production
Shaheen-1 Tested/Development 750 km/500 kg Domestic/China
Ghauri-1 (Nodong-1) Tested/Development 1,300+ km/700 kg Domestic/N. Korea
Ghauri-2 Tested/Development 2,300 km/700 kg Domestic/N. Korea
Shaheen-2 Development 2,500 km/1,000 kg Domestic/China
Ghauri-3 Engine Tested/Devlpm’t 3,000 km/? kg Domestic/N. Korea

Soldier

RealIndian said:
umair said:
It is well known that pakistan's missiles are NK/chinise & nuclear tech is chinese. We dont forget AQ khan case. Some month before there was a news that pakistan open offered nuclear tech to Nijeria.

umair, do you believe FAS, GS, Armscontrol?

Pakistan

http://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/missiles.asp

Hatf-1 Operational 80-100 km/500 kg Domestic Production
Hatf-2 Tested/Developement 190 km/500 kg Domestic/China
Hatf-3 (Ghaznavi) Tested/Development 280 km/500 kg Domestic/China
Tarmuk Development 300 km/800 kg Domestic/China
Haider-1 Development 350 km/? kg Domestic Production
Shaheen-1 Tested/Development 750 km/500 kg Domestic/China
Ghauri-1 (Nodong-1) Tested/Development 1,300+ km/700 kg Domestic/N. Korea
Ghauri-2 Tested/Development 2,300 km/700 kg Domestic/N. Korea
Shaheen-2 Development 2,500 km/1,000 kg Domestic/China
Ghauri-3 Engine Tested/Devlpm’t 3,000 km/? kg Domestic/N. Korea
This topic is not worth discussing as it has been discussed plenty of times before. Regardless missiles are bought or ToT, they are deadly and that is it. They have a trigger mechanism and they can kill people. Ain't that enough??? :mad :mad You should not have started this thread GF as it is again going to lead to flamewar between Indians and Pakistanis. Besides this topic has been discussed on this forum plenty of times before.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been on this forum for quite a while and I don't recall too many threads about Benazir let alone her comments about missile technology.

IF people cannot discuss this in a mature fashion then of course their posts will be deleted and then probably the topic will be frozen.

Thats unnecessary. I assume that some maturity will prevail in here.

If it doesn't, then that is a reflection on the individuals not the topic matter.

People need to learn to debate without getting over excited. Otherwise they lose the argument anyway.

Soldier

gf0012-aust said:
I've been on this forum for quite a while and I don't recall too many threads about Benazir let alone her comments about missile technology.

IF people cannot discuss this in a mature fashion then of course their posts will be deleted and then probably the topic will be frozen.

Thats unnecessary. I assume that some maturity will prevail in here.

If it doesn't, then that is a reflection on the individuals not the topic matter.

People need to learn to debate without getting over excited. Otherwise they lose the argument anyway.
I think you took me wrong. I was never intending to show you down or something of the sort. I do remember about Pakistani missiles being claimed to from N. Korea in exchange of nuclear tech. US Spying agency along with RAW, MOSSAD already knows about it. But knowing and admition is a different thing altogether. The fact is, Indians will say something to support Indian claim of Pakistani missiles being N.Korean and then Pakistanis will deny it and call names to Benazir Bhutto (though she deserves it too as none demoralizes their own country no matter what) and given an example of India, and there you will need to lock up the thread. It is a bit too much sensitive subject which surely is going to end up in lock. I only meant that you could dig up some new stuff for the thread. BTW if my words did sound offensive, I apologize.

Admin - GF. No need to apologise, I didn't think you were having a shot at me. ;) Although if people can't argue the topic properly we won't hesitate in freezing the thread.

srirangan

Banned Member
This is a well known fact. Infact a China-Pak-N Korea nuke and missile axis has existed since the early '70's

The Watcher

India got its missiles/tech from Russia/Israel/USA... not to mention its nuclear tech from US firms. Pakistan may have gotten it from NK but we have developed it far more advanced than NKs and more importantly Indias. [Admin Edit: No need to boast the technology, the issue is that Pakistan has the technology, if its better or worst than India is not the point.]

So, where pakistan got the tech doesn't really matter because where did you get yours? :?

besides its coming from bhutto.... [Admin Edit: lets stay in the circle of respect!]. She will say anti pakistan/hurtful thing for pakistan first and then the truth. :roll

mysterious

Srirangan, Watcher's post in reply to yours just shows that finger pointing gets no-one nowhere. Everybody got their nukes and delivery tech from 'somewhere'!! Even some of the so-called 'prestigious' nations in the nuclear club acquired it from 'others'. Anyway, useless thread. :cop

The Watcher

I know mysterious. US shared with israel, uk, france, india. France shared with pak, germany, south africa, israel. UK shared with god knows who! US shared with Iraq < almost forgot! :lol

Russia shared with india... israel shared with china, india.

now that pakistan BOUGHT the tech for money like nations above did from some other country - all of the sudden it becomes an issue for some people. get over it. pakistan has the right to this tech as much as everyone else and it will use it to protect its self and does not have any ambitions to conquer its neighbors but will maintain minimum nuke power detterent to keep enemies at bay. as its enemies increase their nuclear and missile stock pile, pakistans nuclear and missile stockpile shall always go up to match the increasing threat.

for those who dont like this bitter fact can read news such this and "interviews" of criminals and political terrorists and cry over the fact that "pakistan got the tech from NK...oh my god what are we going to do... we will all die pakistan got the tech from NK oh no oh my god... :cry :cry " :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll as if their tech came with them when they were born or maybe their scientists get pregnant with the tech and give birth to it! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.