North Korea Unveils new Uranium Plant

blackhawk211

I came across an article this morning showing a map of North Korea's new Uranium Plant. There's two things I would like to know: 1. This wasn't a very reliable source so I was wondering if anyone else had any more information they could share and 2. If it's a true story, what does it mean for the world/US?

riksavage

Banned Member
I came across an article this morning showing a map of North Korea's new Uranium Plant. There's two things I would like to know: 1. This wasn't a very reliable source so I was wondering if anyone else had any more information they could share and 2. If it's a true story, what does it mean for the world/US?
The source is a US Scientist who has visited the site (under what circumstances I don't know). This represents just another ratchetting up of the pressure topped off by today's artillery fire.

Unfortunately the NK's are like spoilt children they always want more and will cause trouble until they are appeased. They want more aid and the joint SK/NK economic zone reopened. Ironic considering they closed it down in the first place, kicked out the southerners and stripped the factories of all useful equipment and refused to give the stuff back. They want the SK to return and re-equip the same factories and start-up again!

The PRC should act like the paternal grandmother and give them a short sharp rap on the knuckles before the whole thing turns very very nasty. The sad thing being you could lay waste to large areas of NK and not impact the standard of living of the average man in the street, the same couldn't be said for the south whose economy is booming by comparison.

If you live in Seoul you will get about 60 seconds notice (first siren) before the NK missiles starting hitting the centre of town.

blackhawk211

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does the uranium plant and the news story today have any correlation? From all the forum posts I've read the majority of the people seem to think that this is just North Korea flexing their muscles. Kim Jong Il is turning over power to Kim Kong Un and the son has no credit to show he's powerful so the sinking of the ship, the firing of shots this morning, and the uranium plant are all ways of showing that. It seems that South Korea won't act aggressively so North Korea seems to know how far they can push South Korea before they do something.

Another take on this is that North Korea is doing all of this so that someone will retaliate and they'll be able to use WMDs. I don't think that's what is happening. I would agree more with the flexing of military muscle. Any thoughts on the motive of the North Koreans?