iranian anti-ship cruise missiles ghader+ pictures

amirhessam

Ghader missile defense industry achievements of the country towards self-sufficiency, deterrence and national power is produced.
Professionals and industry experts, the defense could test flight after passing various stages of research, strategic product for industrial use.

These features include cruise missiles can be low-altitude, high destruction capability, low weight and dimensions and also pointed to its high accuracy.

http://www.militaryparsi.ir/news-service/160-news/724-ghader-missile.html

SAEID

i hope it would be capable to sink modern warships:confused::confused:

Admin: I appreciate that this is your first and only post for the 3 weeks, but please read the Forum Rules on posting etiquette. One liners without substance, and from someone with no posting history are frowned upon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armoredpriapism

Are these sea-launched, air-launched, or ground launched? Do they have significant low observability for naval radars and look-down-aesa radars? Is the system advanced in the modern sense or advanced in the cold-war sense?

C-802 your C-802 reference had me google it and from what I read there those missiles seem pretty dangerous. Would a carrier group be excluded from an area by the threat of those?

My2Cents

Are these sea-launched, air-launched, or ground launched?
The 5th photo shows a truck launcher in action. Given Iran’s continuing threats to block the Straits of Hormuz to tanker traffic in event of a conflict that is probably the most survivable configuration.

Sea launch is mainly a question of the packaging for a containerized self guiding cruise missile so they can probably achieve that. Submarine launch is a lot trickier.

Air launch is questionable until they are ready to expend the missiles for determining the carriage and launch characteristics.
Do they have significant low observability for naval radars and look-down-aesa radars? Is the system advanced in the modern sense or advanced in the cold-war sense?
Probably depends on which missile (and version) they are copying. The design looks a similar to many Cold War designs like the Harpoon. There are no apparent low observable features in the photos provided. Also, the photos also only show the missiles on the ground or being launched, not in flight.

The real question with Iranian weapons is always are they only for show, or can they actually be produced. The key component for a missile of this type is a suitable gas turbine engine, which much harder than it sounds to develop. Iran has not demonstrated capability of doing so previously, so my hunch is this is another announcement without substance. :flame

T.C.P

The 5th photo shows a truck launcher in action.
Probably depends on which missile (and version) they are copying. The design looks a similar to many Cold War designs like the Harpoon. There are no apparent low observable features in the photos provided. Also, the photos also only show the missiles on the ground or being launched, not in flight.

The real question with Iranian weapons is always are they only for show, or can they actually be produced. The key component for a missile of this type is a suitable gas turbine engine, which much harder than it sounds to develop. Iran has not demonstrated capability of doing so previously, so my hunch is this is another announcement without substance. :flame
Iranians license produce the Chinese C-802, Noor they call it, if it is a license production model of the C-802, then it should be pretty good. I have seen truck mounted pics of the Noor, these are quite potent systems.

artstyle

C-802 your C-802 reference had me google it and from what I read there those missiles seem pretty dangerous. Would a carrier group be excluded from an area by the threat of those?
iran got some 70 land based c-802 anti ship missiles from china between 1990-2000, it was said that the range of the missile is some 250 kms but its effective range is only 45 kms. note these missiles initially acquired by Iran were not equipped with advanced systems, and the missiles acquired by Iran were rather outdated, while the upgraded c-802 of china is having a range of 400 km with an effective range of 120 kms.(recently iran has started some modifications or upgrades while collabrating with n. korea)

now taking into consideration the c-802's iran is having ( iran also operates some 10 patrol boats armed with these missiles), carrier groups operate well outside the range of the missile (considering the effective range to be 100 km) so there is no real threat for a carrier group from these land based missiles, how ever those patrol boats can shorten the gap and obtain the required range (this means they will also be within the strike range of a carrier group before obtaining their required range ) , so any threat due to these missiles (iran) on a carrier group is less considerable .

Tango1992

looks cool while firing..weapon hot
200 km is not a effective range for a cruise missile but its a good start...
Iran should head towards C803 or exocet.

T.C.P

C-803, C-802 have long ranges, but unless Iran has MPAs, subs with secure combat data links than this range is useless as the radar on board ships and land based ones have max range of 50-60km.

And BTW Tango, Exocets??? How in the world do you see France selling weaponry to Iran??

artstyle

c-802 are just the chinese copys of exocets with less range and more precision. [Mod edit: No, it is not. Learn to provide reputable links, which you only provided in the next post and on another issue. It could all have been combined into 1 post.

Warning issued for posting rubbish.]

now france may not sell its exocets to iran but (some where i have read that) france helped iran in obtaining these c-802's from china after 1996 un sanctions (when us objected the arms sale of china to iran, but china continued to supply through indirect sources in which french mediators are involved)

here is the link for above mentioned french involvment

The Secret History Part I: The C-802 Cruise Missile: Iran’s Threat in the Persian Gulf « « DC BureauDC Bureau

T.C.P

Thanks for the link.

But this is not 1996, I seriously doubt France will help Iran get anti shipping missiles any time soon, considering that they are convinced Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons.

Armoredpriapism

C-803, C-802 have long ranges, but unless Iran has MPAs, subs with secure combat data links than this range is useless as the radar on board ships and land based ones have max range of 50-60km.

And BTW Tango, Exocets??? How in the world do you see France selling weaponry to Iran??
Doesn't China either have production rights for the exocet or just copy them outright? Weren't the exocets used against the Brits in the 80's Chinese copies?

Beatmaster

Doesn't China either have production rights for the exocet or just copy them outright? Weren't the exocets used against the Brits in the 80's Chinese copies?
Well i am not sure but to my knowlegd China does not have production rights for the exocets...
However having that said China is using exsisting blueprints to develop hybrid (or based upon) missile's so i would not be suprised if their got their own version or very similair weapon system to the exo..

For a carrier group Irans arsenal would be not much of a danger, sure they might land a strike and do some damage but no real danger.
However for commercial shipping Irans missiles are a real danger and its very likely that in the event of a armed conflict that Iran will try to disrupt sea shipping.
As the missiles are just not good enough for fighting the US so the only thing that they can and probably will be used for is to destroy international shipping in their region and in that regard those missiles are a serious danger.

On the other hand i am pretty sure that in a war situation that Both Israel, and the US will take out the missile sites, before they ever become a danger.

STURM

Weren't the exocets used against the Brits in the 80's Chinese copies?
Of course not, where did you get that idea? They were manufactured and delivered by Aerospatiale.

On the other hand i am pretty sure that in a war situation that Both Israel, and the US will take out the missile sites, before they ever become a danger.
Easier said than do, these ASMs are mobile and the Iranians have had plenty of time to map out firing sites and produce decoys. They may even have radar decoys, like the ones the Serbs used in Kosovo.

artstyle

Easier said than do, these ASMs are mobile and the Iranians have had plenty of time to map out firing sites and produce decoys. They may even have radar decoys, like the ones the Serbs used in Kosovo.
can you explain what happened there in kosovo ,how serbs used those radar decoys?
also what is a radar decoy?
is it some thing that emits same radar signature as those missile launchers?!! or is it something that resembles the same physical shape&size of the missile launcher??

STURM

can you explain what happened there in kosovo ,how serbs used those radar decoys?
also what is a radar decoy?
is it some thing that emits same radar signature as those missile launchers?!! or is it something that resembles the same physical shape&size of the missile launcher??
A few months ago, Air Forces Monthly had an article on the Kosovo war, which included information on locallly made radar decoys in use by the Serbs that were apparently successful in drawing away NATO SEAD/DEAD aircraft from actual tracking radars. Yes, these decoys emit radar emissions.