Exotic or Unusual Chemical Weapon

TuefelHundenIV

I recently ran across a note in a book at the library and have seen it mentioned online at least once. I have been trying to back track but couldn't find what I had encountered before as I forgot to make appropriate notes. I have been looking for two days now and am at loss in finishing researching possibilities. I have included the basic info I did have.

Possible Name
"Black Gas" No other names have come up that I could find.

Delivery Methods
The chemical weapon was described as being distributed either through a artillery munition or air delivery bomb of some design or possibly a plane carried dispenser (Low Altitude Dispensing).

Appearance
The substance as far as I can recall has no smell but can appear in sufficient quantities to be dark brown or black and can leave a fine oily residue.

Effects
Causes asphyxiation and muscle spasms followed shortly by death. Other possible effects from lighter exposure are difficulty breathing and uncontrollable tremors.

Possibilities
It is a Novichok chemical weapon. (binary weapon)
Or it uses the older delivery method of explosive dispersion which in most agents can cause limited combustion of some of the agent and possibly create the black appearance.

Or it is an exotic or non-existent weapon that has just gained some hype.

Pointing me in the right direction or identifying the chemical weapon would be appreciated.

ltdanjuly10

Sounds like you may be refering to the fictional "Black Gas" used by the Martian Invasion in HG Wells War of the Worlds Novel

TuefelHundenIV

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like you may be referring to the fictional "Black Gas" used by the Martian Invasion in HG Wells War of the Worlds Novel
I thought of that at first but it didn't quite fit. What I have found out since. (This Post has been here a while) Was that impurities or flaws in refining the weapon can affect its appearance. Basically its VX, Sarin, or other similar agent with impurities in it.