Dead in the Water

mysterious

Video Documentary - Watch all of it to get the record straight!

Dead in the Water - Part 1
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5073.htm

Part 2
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article5074.htm

Overwhelming evidence of how Israel conspired and took out USS Liberty intentionally and later cried and whined that it was just a 'bad mistake' and a case of mistaken indentity. USS Liberty crew members speak out with interviews from President Lyndon Johnson's Secretary of Defence Robert McNamara and former head of the Israeli navy Admiral Shlomo Errell. Note how blatantly McNamara denies about having any knowledge of N-tipped bombers dispatched to lay Cairo to ashes and then recalling them. Note how former Israeli Navy service men and US intelligence guys admit that they (Israelis) had identified the ship as "American" but still they were to attack and sink it. For those who live in a dellusional world of their own thinking that the USS Liberty case was a 'mistaken identity' scenario, a good reality check would do just fine! If America can make Libyans and others pay as well hold accountable for their intentional attacks on US targets, why not ask the Israelis to do the same for what they did to the USS Liberty? Hypocrisy just never ends and is the name of the game, I'd say. :cop

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Assuming for the moment that it was no accident, why was the USS Liberty attacked?

mysterious

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as my understanding goes, it was done so that the US would think that Egypt did it (which the US did think) and would react against Egypt; but instead of a normal response the US had dispatched nuclear armed bombers to lay Cairo to waste which obviously would've in turn effected Israel severly along with Egypt and so Israel who wasn't expecting such a retaliatory action, changed its mind and stopped the US onslaught before it even began by letting the Americans know that it was Israel's fault of mistaken identity (which meant Egypt was out of the scene) and so the bombers were called off. :smokingc:

The Watcher

it was the oly "intelligence" ship around at that time when israel attacked eqypt. yes, ISRAEL attacked eqypt not egypt attack israel.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
The Watcher said:
it was the oly "intelligence" ship around at that time when israel attacked eqypt. yes, ISRAEL attacked eqypt not egypt attack israel.
C'mon Watcher, as if that is not in every history book....

On May 15, Egyptian president Nasser had ordered United Nations peacekeeping troops out of the Sinai Peninsula. By May 31, Egypt had moved 100,000 troops, 1,000 tanks, and 500 heavy guns into the Sinai. Soon after the UN departure, Nasser ordered a blockade of the Strait of Tiran. President Aref of Iraq on May 31, 1967 said "The existence of Israel is an error which must be rectified. This is our opportunity to wipe out the ignominy, which has been with us since 1948. Our goal is clear—to wipe Israel off the map". By the time Israel launched its strike in June 1967, its neighbors had massed three times the number of israeli troops on israel's border.

If somebody wants to read about why Israel attacked, see the backgrounds to the conflict e.g. on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
As far as my understanding goes, it was done so that the US would think that Egypt did it (which the US did think) and would react against Egypt; but instead of a normal response the US had dispatched nuclear armed bombers to lay Cairo to waste which obviously would've in turn effected Israel severly along with Egypt and so Israel who wasn't expecting such a retaliatory action, changed its mind and stopped the US onslaught before it even began by letting the Americans know that it was Israel's fault of mistaken identity (which meant Egypt was out of the scene) and so the bombers were called off. :smokingc:
What was the USS Liberty doing there that was so important to warrent such a response by the US to what they initially perceived as an egyptian strike?

mysterious

You're asking the 'wrong' questions. The thread is about discussing the extent of deliberation in the Israeli attack on USS Liberty, not what the USS Liberty was doing or not doing there. It was a recon ship gathering intelligence and I can bet something pissed the Israelis off! As for your reply to Watcher's post, doesn't matter who amassed how many troops and what was said, in the end Israel was the one who attacked first (becoming the aggressor). In 2002, Pakistani and Indian troops were facing off at their border which was thought to become a major war-zone but the political sides kept their heads cool and acted maturely which led to the diffusion of the situation. Israel however did not act that maturely at that time I would say.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
You're asking the 'wrong' questions. The thread is about discussing the extent of deliberation in the Israeli attack on USS Liberty, not what the USS Liberty was doing or not doing there. It was a recon ship gathering intelligence and I can bet something pissed the Israelis off! As for your reply to Watcher's post, doesn't matter who amassed how many troops and what was said, in the end Israel was the one who attacked first (becoming the aggressor). In 2002, Pakistani and Indian troops were facing off at their border which was thought to become a major war-zone but the political sides kept their heads cool and acted maturely which led to the diffusion of the situation. Israel however did not act that maturely at that time I would say.
Uhm, there are no 'wrong' questions. I asked why the Israeli's attacked and the answer was "to get US forces to strike Egypt" (and not "something pissed the Israelis off"). Now, the US almost did attack Cairo, but ... with nukes!?!? That's not a "normal" response. Hence my question what Liberty was doing.

Essentially you are saying that context doesn't matter. Any reasonably intelligent person knows that it does (this goes to the "why" type of question).

Your comparison with Pak/India is very poor. For one, both Pak and India had nuclear weapons available to them, which made both sides more hesitant to enter conflict. Another difference is that Pak v. India is one-on-one, not a bunch of countries v. one country. Also, neither Pak nor India threatened to whipe the other country of the face of the earth. Finally, both Pak and India have far greater strategic depth than Israel to absorb a strike by the other. And, not inimportant, no more cold war going on.

highsea

mysterious said:
I cannot find anything that supports this. What is your source?

Looking at the radio and communication logs, intercepts, etc., the only thing I see was planes launched from the Saratoga and America to defend the Liberty. These were recalled when the US contacted Israel during the atack, and Israel called off the strike. The whole incident apparently took about 75 minutes, and the US was aware that it was Israel attacking within 10 minutes of the Liberty's first call for help. As far as I can tell, it was the US who contacted Israel, not the other way around, but this is unclear. For sure, when Israel realized they were busted, they called off the strike and offered helo support to rescue survivors and salvage the ship.

As far as the US response, the instructions to the carriers was to not allow the A/C within 12 miles of the Egyptian coast. Since the Liberty was only 13 miles off, this meant that the planes could not get between the ship and the coast. This is confirmed by the radio logs and ROE's transmitted to the carriers.

Nowhere do I see evidence that the US launched a bomber strike on Cairo, let alone a nuclear one. This seems unlikely to me, considering that the US knew almost immediately that it was Israel attacking.

Sources:
http://www.usslibertyinquiry.com/evidence.html
http://www.ussliberty.org/

-CM

highsea

mysterious said:
If America can make Libyans and others pay as well hold accountable for their intentional attacks on US targets, why not ask the Israelis to do the same for what they did to the USS Liberty? Hypocrisy just never ends and is the name of the game, I'd say. :cop
We did, and they did. Israel paid 13 Million in reparations to the families and survivors of the attack.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/liberty.html

-CM

highsea

tatra said:
What was the USS Liberty doing there that was so important to warrent such a response by the US to what they initially perceived as an egyptian strike?
tatra, the Liberty was monitoring the conflict. I have seen no evidence that the US ever thought is was an Egyptian attack, or that the US was even close to striking Egypt. Johnson would never have approved of an attack on Cairo, because he was afraid of dragging Russia into the conflict.

The ship had Egyptian and Russian linguists aboard. IIRC, One of their missions was to determine if Russian pilots were flying the TU-95 bombers for the Egyptian Air Force. The UN and the US was trying to impose a cease fire, and the IDF had plans to attack the Golan Heights. These plans were delayed until the Liberty was put out of commission. Israel wanted to get the Golan before the cease fire was officially imposed. The Liberty was intercepting Israeli communications about the upcoming offensive on the Golan, so Israel apparently attacked the ship to prevent their plans from being discovered.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
highsea said:
The UN and the US was trying to impose a cease fire, and the IDF had plans to attack the Golan Heights. These plans were delayed until the Liberty was put out of commission. Israel wanted to get the Golan before the cease fire was officially imposed. The Liberty was intercepting Israeli communications about the upcoming offensive on the Golan, so Israel apparently attacked the ship to prevent their plans from being discovered.
Discussion of motives for the attack: http://usslibertyinquiry.com/forums/archive/index.php/f-36.html

Discussion on authorization of the attack: http://usslibertyinquiry.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-160.html

mysterious

highsea said:
mysterious said:
I cannot find anything that supports this. What is your source?

Looking at the radio and communication logs, intercepts, etc., the only thing I see was planes launched from the Saratoga and America to defend the Liberty. These were recalled when the US contacted Israel during the atack, and Israel called off the strike. The whole incident apparently took about 75 minutes, and the US was aware that it was Israel attacking within 10 minutes of the Liberty's first call for help. As far as I can tell, it was the US who contacted Israel, not the other way around, but this is unclear. For sure, when Israel realized they were busted, they called off the strike and offered helo support to rescue survivors and salvage the ship.

As far as the US response, the instructions to the carriers was to not allow the A/C within 12 miles of the Egyptian coast. Since the Liberty was only 13 miles off, this meant that the planes could not get between the ship and the coast. This is confirmed by the radio logs and ROE's transmitted to the carriers.

Nowhere do I see evidence that the US launched a bomber strike on Cairo, let alone a nuclear one. This seems unlikely to me, considering that the US knew almost immediately that it was Israel attacking.

Sources:
http://www.usslibertyinquiry.com/evidence.html
http://www.ussliberty.org/

-CM
Firstly, my comment was my estimation of what might've been the case, I didnt say its a hard written fact somewhere; I was drawing conclusions from the video documentary which I suppose you haven't watched (in it, they tell you that the bombers scrambled after the attack on USS Liberty were armed with nukes). Anywayz, the point of opening this thread was to get people to agree that it was a deliberate attack by Israel on USS Liberty and not a case of mistaken identity. You both agree it was a deliberate attack and so I find it tiresome to keep on arguing on issues that this thread is not meant to highlighten or solve. Still when I get more time, I shall revert back to see if I can reply specifically to all the points made. :smokingc:

mysterious

highsea said:
mysterious said:
If America can make Libyans and others pay as well hold accountable for their intentional attacks on US targets, why not ask the Israelis to do the same for what they did to the USS Liberty? Hypocrisy just never ends and is the name of the game, I'd say. :cop
We did, and they did. Israel paid 13 Million in reparations to the families and survivors of the attack.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/liberty.html

-CM
$13m each or the total was $13m ?? My appologies I made that comment though as I came across the payment part after I posted the thread.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
Anywayz, the point of opening this thread was to get people to agree that it was a deliberate attack by Israel on USS Liberty and not a case of mistaken identity. You both agree it was a deliberate attack and so I find it tiresome to keep on arguing on issues that this thread is not meant to highlighten or solve.
I started by saying "assuming for the moment that it was no accident", which means I am willing to entertain and explore the possibility that it was a deliberate attack, not that I already accepted this to be the truth. But let's say I did, for the sake of argument, then that still leaves the question as to what your point and purpose is in getting people to agree to that?

Awang se

Verified Defense Pro
Assumption as usual. Nothing definite when it came to war and politics. everythings is a potential cover ups.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Awang se said:
Assumption as usual. Nothing definite when it came to war and politics. everythings is a potential cover ups.
All is fair in love and war :D:

highsea

mysterious said:
Firstly, my comment was my estimation of what might've been the case,...so I find it tiresome to keep on arguing on issues that this thread is not meant to highlighten or solve. Still when I get more time, I shall revert back to see if I can reply specifically to all the points made. :smokingc:
Well, I don't really care what you call tiresome or not, Myst. Just can it with the BS nonsense about the US sending Nuke bombers off to Cairo, you know? Let's try to keep the discussion factual.

Peace
-CM

highsea

mysterious said:
Anywayz, the point of opening this thread was to get people to agree that it was a deliberate attack
Well, we both know why you started this thread. I agree, it was a deliberate attack. And the US Gov't covered it up. And it was settled in the back room.

What I didn't like about your post was the claim that the US was on the brink of a nuclear launch on Egypt. Or even any kind of move against Egypt. The implication is that the US is somehow managed by Israel. You started with the facts, and then you went on a boar hunt.

Why is the burden placed on the US or President Bush to come up with a peace settlement that is acceptable to the people who were dancing in the streets and handing out candy when Mohammed Atta crashed a plane full of US citizens into the World Trade Center?

From the peace treaty with Egypt to the Oslo Accords, the US has consistently tried to broker a peace between Israel and the Arabs. Everytime, Yasser Arafat has vetoed the deal. The onus should be placed squarely on the Arabs to propose a mutually agreeable solution to the conflict.

-CM

webmaster

Troll Hunter
Staff member
US nuclear launch on Eygpt? I have read about USS Liberty but no where (not even from those who claim that US gov. covered it up) claim that US was going to launch Nuke strike on Egypt. Its just plain BS and not true.