WWI Scottish Soldier

kiltwatcher

I am attaching a photo of a young Scottish soldier. I am not even sure where to begin searching to figure out his regiment. I have some books coming on British and Canadian cap and collar badges as well as some on uniforms of WWI. I can't quite make out the shoulder titles or collar badges. His cap badge is Gordon Highlander though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heidi

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
I am attaching a photo of a young Scottish soldier. I am not even sure where to begin searching to figure out his regiment. I have some books coming on British and Canadian cap and collar badges as well as some on uniforms of WWI. I can't quite make out the shoulder titles or collar badges. His cap badge is Gordon Highlander though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heidi
Do you have an approximate date for when the photo was taken? Apart from just in WWI?

kiltwatcher

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Do you have an approximate date for when the photo was taken? Apart from just in WWI?
I have no date. And there are no markings on the photograph. No studio imprint or name. I have a ton of books coming on British insignia and cap badges. There are also some on uniforms and collecting on the way. I have tried to enlarge the image but it just gets blurry. So I am waiting on a digital microscope. I canmake out the cap badge as the Gordon with the stag. I think the bottom should title may say Saudi Arabia. We will see. I thought I would get this photo out there and someone will know something that I don't. Thanks, Heidi