Pictures of India's Paras In training ( From Regt/MOD Websites)

kronicFever

To every man upon this earth,
death comes sooner or later.
And how can a man die better
facing fearful odds
For the ashes of his father
and the temple of his Gods"

srirangan

Banned Member
India does have the advantage of being able to train her troops in the toughest conditions. Be it high altitude mountains, thick rain forests, deserts we've got them all. :)

srirangan

Banned Member
Over the past 2-3 years US Marines have come to India to train in the far north east, northern regions of Ladakh and the desert plains.

XEROX

who are the best indian fighters, sri

is it the fighters from the Assam rifle brigade or the gurkhas

i like the gurkhas

srirangan

Banned Member
It is the gurkhas. India and the British empire and in debt to their insane bravery. And they do it without bragging about it, unlike other wannabe's.

srirangan

Banned Member
Hell no. Gurkha's are genetically made for the mountains, no amount of Israeli training can compare to what a Gurkha boy learns till he is 15. They've lived in the mountains for thousands of generations, and they are second to none in mountain warfare and plain old ruggedness.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
srirangan said:
It is the gurkhas. India and the British empire and in debt to their insane bravery. And they do it without bragging about it, unlike other wannabe's.

Just a piece of trivia for you. In WW1 the Aussie diggers were nicknamed the "white gurkhas".

That for me is a huge compliment, as the Ghurkas are one of the few units that I have upmost respect for.

adsH

we should pay our respects to all soldiers of the allied nations. every one of them played a role. including the ones forgotten dead in the Deserts of libya some as young as 19 ( all volunteers). they happend to had parent too. but there parent never even got to see the graves of there children. Believe it or not there are WW2 graves in Libya and alot of them were from the Royal INdian Army. we talk about Gurukahs being the bravest but no one remebers these volunteers they sacrificed there lives for a cause (that they were distant from). Now they deserve .... i don't know what to say here ,, i'm speachless!!!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
adsH said:
we should pay our respects to all soldiers of the allied nations. every one of them played a role.
thats very true. My comment on the ghurkas is that they are a class act, with a persistent distinguished history.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
pretty tough training the Indian paratroops got. The soldiers looks tought, but i spot one small problem in the boxing pic, the guy who's throwing the jab had left his face wide open. if his opponent throws a jab back it could knock his teeth out.