Pics from My visit to Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT), Pakistan

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
At the AARDIC Display Center

T-59 on display (no longer in service)

Me & Al-Khalid (Ignore me ... I don't look good in pics. Concentrate on the Tank :p)

Al-Zarar

Al-Zarar for display outside AARDIC

Pics from outside the Tank Manufacturing Factory

Al-Khalid MBT

Tanks, Tanks & nothing but tanks.

To view pics in larger size visit the DT gallery.

There are other pics with my friend which I'll upload ASAP. Meanwhile enjoy these. I know I know just ignore me in some of the pics

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Outstanding photos - thanks for sharing with us. Did you get the opportunity to go inside the Al Khalid.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding photos - thanks for sharing with us. Did you get the opportunity to go inside the Al Khalid.
Yes I did. For about 10 to 15 minutes. They don't allow pics to be taken inside so couldnt take one.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Yes I did. For about 10 to 15 minutes. They don't allow pics to be taken inside so couldnt take one.

Do you know if they have modified the auto loader at all from the Russian design found on the T-80 series.:D

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you know if they have modified the auto loader at all from the Russian design found on the T-80 series.:D
Didn't ask. & the Al-Khalid I set in was early version + plus I have never seen Russian Auto Loader so can't tell there difference or any changes.

However, there is an upgrade version of Al-Khalid on trials these days, called Al-Khalid-I. Several upgrades & modifications have been made. Auto loader may have been modified or modernized in Ak-1.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Didn't ask. & the Al-Khalid I set in was early version + plus I have never seen Russian Auto Loader so can't tell there difference or any changes.

However, there is an upgrade version of Al-Khalid on trials these days, called Al-Khalid-I. Several upgrades & modifications have been made. Auto loader may have been modified or modernized in Ak-1.
Ah - it was at least worth a try:) thanks for the information, it will be interesting to see what modifications will be done and for what purpose.