Kapooka Pics

c_Sharrk

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone might have any info/leads to my query.

I went through Kapooka with the first intake in 1980, and was wondering if someone might know of the photographers that where operating ,there then and maybe what they did with the old pics/negatives.

I have done a bit of moving around the globe over the years and have lost what I did have, so I was hoping I might be able to chase up a few memories for the scrapbooks.

Any leads would be appreciated...

tkyjohn

I went through Kapooka with the first intake in 1980, and was wondering if someone might know of the photographers that where operating ,there then and maybe what they did with the old pics/negatives.

I have done a bit of moving around the globe over the years and have lost what I did have, so I was hoping I might be able to chase up a few memories for the scrapbooks.

Hi Sharrk
You Can try looking on a website called "friends reunited" I found some guys from my old platoon in there, also try searching groups in facebook use your platoon # and year etc. I was in "28platoon", I still have some old pics from back then at home in OZ . I think the photographers were a local crew from Wagga Wagga.... haven't got any pics with me here to check the backs of....lemme know how ya fare....
John

c_Sharrk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Sharrk
You Can try looking on a website called "friends reunited" I found some guys from my old platoon in there, also try searching groups in facebook use your platoon # and year etc. I was in "28platoon", I still have some old pics from back then at home in OZ . I think the photographers were a local crew from Wagga Wagga.... haven't got any pics with me here to check the backs of....lemme know how ya fare....
John
Thanks for that John, will let you know how it goes,

Sharrk..

mozzie

Mozzie

Hi Sharrk,
I stumbled across your inquiry. I went through Kapooka on the May intake 1980
I have some photos taken by Freemans Photo Service 109 trail street, Wagga 2650
with phone No. 213882. I don't know if they are still around any more.
I hope it helps
cheers Mozzie

c_Sharrk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Mozzie, thats the best lead so far.

Let you know if I get lucky from it.

Cheers..

Sharrk.

Dave Kimberley

Platoon photos

I was in 16 platoon in Jan 74 and the photographers were Freemans and at that stage they had been used for a long time. Another post shows that they were still around in the 1980's. Good luck in your search.
Regards, Dave Kimberley

swirve180

Hey ! I know it is old news but I joined in June 1980 and of course was there .The name of the photo people are freemans photo service . still there.