J-10

A

Aussie Digger

meh said:
Nice picture but can anyone tell me how good the J-10 is supposed to be.:confused:
Looks to me like a Eurofighter clone, with that large square air intake and that "high" cockpit above the air intake. Perhaps that's the level of capabiltiy they are striving for???

armage

Aussie Digger said:
Looks to me like a
Eurofighter
clone, with that large square air intake and that "high" cockpit above the air intake. Perhaps that's the level of capability they are striving for???
Eurofighter is more emphasizes on a "heavy" air to air fighter, while J-10 is pretty "light" in comparison with emphasizes on multirole. Right now J-10 is like equal to F-16 A/B in terms of avionics, but it's just in service...

meh

armage said:
Eurofighter is more emphasizes on a "heavy" air to air fighter, while J-10 is pretty "light" in comparison with emphasizes on multirole. Right now J-10 is like equal to F-16 A/B in terms of avionics, but it's just in service...
So how do you think it would perform against aircrafts of the IAF.

LancerMc

While the J-10 looks similar to Eurofighter, it technology is probably only has mostly 3rd Gen and early 4th Generation equipment in it. The Eurofighter is a completely new 5th Gen Fighter and has a much more sophisticated electronic suite. With the addition of supercruise engines in the next decade will give the Typhoon another great advantage.

I am sure the J-10 would do well against basic F-16's and F-15's in close in combat. The J-10 is rumored to heavily based on the defunct IAF Lavi project. The newest aircraft in IAF's inventory would probably wipe the floor with the J-10 because of their BVR capabilities and superior pilot training.

meh

LancerMc said:
While the J-10 looks similar to Eurofighter, it technology is probably only has mostly 3rd Gen and early 4th Generation equipment in it. The Eurofighter is a completely new 5th Gen Fighter and has a much more sophisticated electronic suite. With the addition of supercruise engines in the next decade will give the Typhoon another great advantage.

I am sure the J-10 would do well against basic F-16's and F-15's in close in combat. The J-10 is rumored to heavily based on the defunct IAF Lavi project. The newest aircraft in IAF's inventory would probably wipe the floor with the J-10 because of their BVR capabilities and superior pilot training.
I sorry I was not clear in my statment. I ment the Indian Air Force. But thanks LancerMc

contedicavour

LancerMc said:

What happened to the Lavi project ? How come the Israelis just left China alone with so much R&D ??
I agree the bird looks like a Typhoon clone, it's pretty amazing.
Which air-to-air missiles the PLA is likely to use on this J10 ?

cheers

meh

contedicavour said:
What happened to the Lavi project ? How come the Israelis just left China alone with so much R&D ??

cheers
The PLAAF will be using the PL-12 BVR missile (SD-10 export version) for sure but I do not know what air-to-ground weapons will be used or about the short range missiles eather.

armage

contedicavour said:

cheers
BVR PL-12 (SD-10)

Short PL-8

and it could probably use Russian AAM, J-11 can fire both PLA and Russian AAM no reason why they can configure the J-10 fire-control radar to fire Russian AAM

So how do you think it would perform against aircrafts of the IAF.
Go do some research or more reading.