inside views of the Type 039A (Song Class) Submarine

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
well, a few observations:

I see they haven't learned to code their overhead piping yet.

Interesting approach to cabling as well.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Theres some odd construction methods in it. It's a hybrid between (I assume) their version of Milspec and COTS.

I'm not sure I'd be too keen with COTS inside a sub.

Not having things like flush fits on the panels etc is something that wouldn't happen in a euro, US, Japanese or Australian warship.

solid

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Most of the equipments are odd, because this kind of subs have upgraded many many times since 1988.

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
the chinese should consider changing their uniforms, looks lk factory worker!! :D
the Song class can only achieve performance of western subs in early 1980's. later boats might receive better sensors and more sound reduction technology learned from russians.
come on ppl, if this sub is so good why would the chinese need kilo class? obviously it's not meeting the PLAN's expectation.

solid

Pathfinder-X said:
the chinese should consider changing their uniforms, looks lk factory worker!! :D
the Song class can only achieve performance of western subs in early 1980's. later boats might receive better sensors and more sound reduction technology learned from russians.
come on ppl, if this sub is so good why would the chinese need kilo class? obviously it's not meeting the PLAN's expectation.
No chinese think the song class are so good . We just want chinese shipyard and other departments can grow faster and learn more advanced tec by building and upgrading our subs. And China gov buy the Kilos also for this purpose.

solid

shamayel said:
Nice pictures solid. Thanks for posting. You can upload the pictures to our gallery if you wish.
Sorry,shamayel :( . I posted it to a wrong place. Thanks for you transfering this post to "Military Images".

more pictures about type 039A:

leaving HongKong

The bridge is too high. It's a bad design

adsH

what does an augusta 90 B look like form the inside and is it better than this Type 039A,i had heard rumours that Pakistan was helping china modify some of its Subs to make them more efficent along the lines of Augusta 90B