French Navy Fleet

ullu

French don't have any english website do they? Can't find pics but gallery had this one....

gaulle aircraft carrier
and the rest of the fleet. dont expect me to know their names. :roll very cool pic neway

ullu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The 38,000t, nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Charles De Gaulle was constructed at the DCN Brest naval shipyard in Brittany. The ship was launched in May 1994 and commissioned in September 2000, following sea trials which began in January 1999. As a result of trials the landing deck has been lengthened by 4.4m to enable the E-2C to land and clear the deck quickly. The carrier was due to enter service in December 2000, but, following the breakage of a propeller blade during long-distance trials, this was delayed to April 2001. The ship can operate a fleet of up to 40 aircraft: Rafale M (range 3,340km), Super Etendard (range 1,682km) and three E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning aircraft. The ship will also support the AS 565 Panther or NH 90 helicopter.

The Watcher

French don't release too many pictures of their military, do they?

"French don't have any english website do they?"

Wish I knew french too! :lol

ullu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Winter said:
It's certainly an attractive vessel but I've heard it's been beset with problems.

I know! And this is the only one they have i think? French have some killer frigates. Will submit those pics as well as soon as i get some time!