Chinese Military Hardware

solid

missile boat 2208(a new pic)

according to this pic, some people think it can carry 8 antiship missiles.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro
Re: missile boat 2208(a new pic)

solid said:
according to this pic, some people think it can carry 8 antiship missiles.
The size of the 'openings' at the rear suggests 2x4 SSM is possible but it really depends on the internal layout. It could well be just 2x2.

tatra

Verified Defense Pro

I meant the openings at the front af the two raised sections of the hull in the rear. But this rear shot is very interesting, thank you. From front and rear angle, it seems there is enough room for 2 pairs of missiles, with missiles in each pair sitting side-by-side. Now, the crucial thing is internal health of the raised sections. With missiles mounted on a rack inside those section, the question is whether there is enough room to have a quad pack in each raised hull section. Hence my remark: definitely 2x2, possibly 2x4. And no SAM or other armament except 30mm gatling as far as we can tell.

solid

I think it really depends on which kind of missile he wants carry. If just YJ83, the openings shows it will not be a problem to install 8 units in it. But if he want carry super-sonic missles, maybe 4 units is suitable. So maybe he can change his weapon load to fit the different mission type.

YJ83

detail

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Re: LD2000

It's a naval gun mounted on a truck bed. The dutch consider it to be using a stolen version of their goalkeeper system as a FCS.