China's New 115 DDG?

Number1azn365

Does anyone have more information about this new DDG? Could it be the rumored 051C? Here are a few photos. Looks to much like the 167DDG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
Seems like PLAN was satisified with the Luhai Class hull afterall. However, I noticed that a phased array radar is not installed which might suggest that this is a cost effective vessel. Since it lacks advanced phased array radar like 052C, it doesn't make much sense to install VLS on it.

modao

gf0012-aust said:
It's assigned to the East Sea Fleet.

Hello! my Pakistan,friend,I come from Guangdong China, I don`t agree with that you said,The Number "115" means it assigned to the North Sea Fleet.

The Meaning of China`s DDG`s Numbers:

101~130 : North Sea Fleet ;

131~160 : East Sea Fleet;

161~180 : South Sea Fleet .

(I`m so sorry that I poor in English.)

Superbug

Modao, welcome, althouht I am also a rookie here. But, i have to warn you that "gf0012-aust" is a professional and receives intelligence brifing every other week, and he is not from Pakistan.

armage

Number1azn365 said:
So is this going to be the "rumored 051C" or just another DDG?
Probably just another Luhai with some upgrade...
The 51C would probably be bigger...

modao

armage said:
Could the 115 be the Type 054A FFG?
Some reports said that this type of the Type 054 FFG is designed for the foreign country`s NAVY,and it more advanced than that wich assigned to the PLAN,it have a VLS system.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
modao said:
Hello! my Pakistan,friend,I come from Guangdong China, I don`t agree with that you said,The Number "115" means it assigned to the North Sea Fleet.

The Meaning of China`s DDG`s Numbers:

101~130 : North Sea Fleet ;

131~160 : East Sea Fleet;

161~180 : South Sea Fleet .

(I`m so sorry that I poor in English.)
yes, it was my mistake, I've only just found the error as well. btw, I'm australian. ;)

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
armage said:
Could the 115 be the Type 054A FFG?
The bow and superstructure are completely different. The vessel photographed has a raised "B" mount. Plus the comms and extraction structure is different.

modao

gf0012-aust said:
yes, it was my mistake, I've only just found the error as well. btw, I'm australian. ;)
I`m so sorry to made a mistake , because my friend tell me that this is a Pakistan web , so I thought that all the people here are Pakistani , that is why I made a mistake to you , anyway , I`m so sorry to made a mistake to you , and Happy New Year !

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
modao said:
I`m so sorry to made a mistake , because my friend tell me that this is a Pakistan web , so I thought that all the people here are Pakistani , that is why I made a mistake to you , anyway , I`m so sorry to made a mistake to you , and Happy New Year !
No need to apologise. Happy New Year to you as well.

Last edited:

Pathfinder-X

Tribal Warlord
Verified Defense Pro
modao said:
There are quite a few Southeast Asian members here, but it's not intended to be a Pakistani site. We welcome all people of all nationalities here.

Anyways, there is a new hull of FFG sitting in Jiangnan shipyard. Not sure whether it is the rumored 054A, I'll let you guys be the judge of that.