Т-35A Up and Running

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only surviving T-35 tank has been restored to working condition, and left the hangar under its own power, at Kubinka.

This tank was one of only iirc 60 T-35s ever produced, and the only one surviving. It epitomizes the land cruiser, with 3 cannons, and 5 turrets (multiple machineguns).

Photos and a video here: bmpd -

ngatimozart

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The only surviving T-35 tank has been restored to working condition, and left the hangar under its own power, at Kubinka.

This tank was one of only iirc 60 T-35s ever produced, and the only one surviving. It epitomizes the land cruiser, with 3 cannons, and 5 turrets (multiple machineguns).

Photos and a video here: bmpd -
Very interesting and I would hazard to guess one of very few pre WW2 tanks up and running. Quite impressive.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very interesting and I would hazard to guess one of very few pre WW2 tanks up and running. Quite impressive.
Personally I've always found the T-35 very cool. A sort of surreal warmachine, something out of a world that never quite existed.

Blackshoe

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Personally I've always found the T-35 very cool. A sort of surreal warmachine, something out of a world that never quite existed.
I've always found the Between Wars armored warfare doctrine and the designs that resulted from it to be fascinating. Especially since they didn't end up working at all in the war that ended up happening.

StobieWan

Super Moderator
Staff member
I play quite a bit of World of Tanks these days and it's really interesting to trip over the funkier designs with multiple turrets - I can see how they seemed logical and useful when designed but of course, they never, as you say, fought in the manner that was anticipated and were dead ends in the evolution of vehicles.

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've always found the Between Wars armored warfare doctrine and the designs that resulted from it to be fascinating. Especially since they didn't end up working at all in the war that ended up happening.
Between Wars military designs in general often bordered on retro-sci-fi. From flying aircraft carriers (USN) to composite bombers (Soviet Naval Aviation) it was some fascinating stuff. Of course the land-battleships were awesome too.