Great Air Battles of Pakistan Air Force

BasitS

Book

Product Details:
Author: Air Commodore M. Kaiser Tufail | ISBN: 969-0-01892-2 | Format: Hardcover | Pages: 140 | Weight: 1.11 lbs | Pub. Date: 2005 | Publisher: Ferozsons

DESCRIPTION

This extensively researched book deals with some of the greatest dogfights of PAF. Twelve classics of jet warfare are covered in graphic detail and include rare photographs along with paintings by PAF’s famous aviation artist, Group Capt S.M.A. Hussaini (Retd) and British artist, Eric Carless.

A noteworthy feature of the air battles covered in this book is the candour with which the adversary’s side of the story is taken into account. Hitherto unknown facts regarding PAF’s exploits in Middle East wars have also been brought to light.

The book includes a moving tribute to PAF’s famous hero, Sqn Ldr Sarfaraz Rafiqui. A glossary of air combat terms along with assorted information on fighter performance, air combat trivia, etc, facilitates effortless comprehension of a unique subject.

The book is certain to invoke interest far and wide, as seldom before have PAF’s air battles been revealed in such rich and provocative detail. Coming from a fighter pilot, the story-telling is masterly indeed.

For more details or to order your copy, visit - http://www.dukandar.com/greatairbattles.html

drjn

@Basits
Thanks for posting the link as there is not much published (that I can find) on the conflicts between Pakistan and India. And while I'm thinking about it, I have yet to see anything published on the China/Vietnam boarder clashes of the late 1970's.

Raptor.22

Book

Product Details:
Author: Air Commodore M. Kaiser Tufail | ISBN: 969-0-01892-2 | Format: Hardcover | Pages: 140 | Weight: 1.11 lbs | Pub. Date: 2005 | Publisher: Ferozsons

DESCRIPTION

This extensively researched book deals with some of the greatest dogfights of PAF. Twelve classics of jet warfare are covered in graphic detail and include rare photographs along with paintings by PAF’s famous aviation artist, Group Capt S.M.A. Hussaini (Retd) and British artist, Eric Carless.

A noteworthy feature of the air battles covered in this book is the candour with which the adversary’s side of the story is taken into account. Hitherto unknown facts regarding PAF’s exploits in Middle East wars have also been brought to light.

The book includes a moving tribute to PAF’s famous hero, Sqn Ldr Sarfaraz Rafiqui. A glossary of air combat terms along with assorted information on fighter performance, air combat trivia, etc, facilitates effortless comprehension of a unique subject.

The book is certain to invoke interest far and wide, as seldom before have PAF’s air battles been revealed in such rich and provocative detail. Coming from a fighter pilot, the story-telling is masterly indeed.

For more details or to order your copy, visit - http://www.dukandar.com/greatairbattles.html

thats a really good book, thanks for the thread BasitS. i'm from pakistan myself (islamabad).

i really like the section on the indo-pakistani wars of 1965 and 1971. i also enjoyed reading about the Yom Kippur War and the Six-Day war. The mirages were classics in almost all those wars :D