what is the biggest issue in 2011?

jasonmarz930

Banned Member
This year of 2011 has been a dynamic year full of problems and events.
The first event that comes to my mind is the devastating Japanese earthquake, followed by the disastrous explosion of Fukushima powerplant and radioactive leakage.

Next event was the killing of Osama Bin Laden in May. He was the leader of Al Qaeda, that put the entire world in terror.
In October, Libya's Ghadafi regime fell after 42 years of dictatorship, followed by his death by the citizen army. His dead body was displayed at a meat shop, to show the terrible and inevitable end all dictators must meet.

Next, the Jasmine(democratic) Revolution in the Middle East which brought down the dictatorships in Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya. And lastly, the death of Steve Jobs, the icon of innovation and the CEO of Apple.

We look forward to the year of 2012 as a year of peace, happiness and cooperation instead of conflicts, division and wars.

Abraham Gubler

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
The first event that comes to my mind is the devastating Japanese earthquake, followed by the disastrous explosion of Fukushima powerplant and radioactive leakage.
What no mention of the Tsunami that killed over 10,000 people but you mention a nuclear plant accident that killed 0 people?

Vanguard

What no mention of the Tsunami that killed over 10,000 people but you mention a nuclear plant accident that killed 0 people?
I'm fairly sure several of the workers, Fukushima 100 was it?, have now died as the result of the leakages.

We look forward to the year of 2012 as a year of peace, happiness and cooperation instead of conflicts, division and wars.
Considering all the issues that are still yet to be addressed such as the continuing crisis in Syria, the severe prospect of a civil war in Hungary and more, then there are major events such as the US Presidential election which has a major impact on relationships throughout the process and of course come September when the President-Elect is unveiled. Any number of things could happen and with this outlook it is reasonable to assume that it wont be all good.

Abraham Gubler

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
I'm fairly sure several of the workers, Fukushima 100 was it?, have now died as the result of the leakages.
Nope. One guy died of a heart attack trying to lift something but we can't blame that on radiation. Only two have been hospitalised via radiation and that was because of burns. Only six people (workers) have recieved unsafe radiation doeses and the likliehood of serious injury arrising from this is still very low.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Considering all the issues that are still yet to be addressed such as the continuing crisis in Syria, the severe prospect of a civil war in Hungary and more, then there are major events such as the US Presidential election which has a major impact on relationships throughout the process and of course come September when the President-Elect is unveiled. Any number of things could happen and with this outlook it is reasonable to assume that it wont be all good.
Point of correction here. The Election Day in the US is in November, in 2012 Election Day in the US will be Nov. 6th. The President-Elect is not determined until after all the polls close and the Electoral College makes the selection. Depending on how the various states return their respective results, one candidate may concede the election if the other has already received sufficient electoral votes for a majority.

-Cheers

Vanguard

Point of correction here. The Election Day in the US is in November, in 2012 Election Day in the US will be Nov. 6th. The President-Elect is not determined until after all the polls close and the Electoral College makes the selection. Depending on how the various states return their respective results, one candidate may concede the election if the other has already received sufficient electoral votes for a majority.

-Cheers
Thank you, I don't know why I had September stuck in my head for the US election.

Todjaeger

Potstirrer
Thank you, I don't know why I had September stuck in my head for the US election.
My best guess is that the month of September was when the national convention for the Demoractic and Republican parties were held, where the different parties "selected" their candidate to run for the Presidency in 2008. Usually the national conventions for the respective parties are held either in July or August, but this might be changing, given how the national conventions are more ceremonial now since the party's candidate have been already all but decided by that point.

-Cheers

ashleywinglet

The biggest news of the 2011 was the killing of Osama Bin Laden on 2nd May. He was the leader of Al Qaeda.He attacked at the world trade centre on 11 september 2000.