Tackling Alien Attack

stealth stalker

Banned Member
How well are our air forces prepared and equipped to counter Alien Space and air attacks..(In case they attack..)
I think it is perfectly ok to discuss it for educative purposes...
The the probability of an alien encounter is real and as good as the probability of nuclear exchange between the two superpowers...
Please dont think this as a crazy thread...we have to prepare for everything if we want to survive as a species in the long term...

jaffo4011

well,this thread certainly makes a change from continuous typhoon vrs f22 threads!!

i suppose it would depend on many factors including,perhaps the most important one,the fabled'deflector shield'utilised by every alien ship i've ever seen in films...........

discuss!

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Ah, finally a serious discussion about a topic which gets much less attention than it deserves! :eek:nfloorl:

I expect aliens which are able to travel within our galaxy to have capabilities against which nothing can be done...maybe except suicide with our NBC-weapons...

Blitzo

Well in movies everyone uses nukes. So I suppose countries with ICBM's will be the ones that will be the front line of defense.
It really depends if the aliens want to blow us up from orbit, send in fighter planes, or engage us in a ground war lolz.
But nukes would be the best thing to do if we wanted to blow them up.

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Someone name a movie or scifi book in which aliens on earth are actually defeated by conventional, pre-existing military means. Including nukes. Cuz i can't think of any. At all. And that's quite an achievement.

Edit: mmm - John Carpenter's "They Live", 1988? Although that wasn't military...

Last edited:

old faithful

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
defeating an alien attack is easy, first disable their electronics with continuous broadcast on every known freaquency of "Marty Robbins" country music, then just infiltrate them with a couple of people who have bad colds....:nutkick

Jissy

the question has merit

How well are our air forces prepared and equipped to counter Alien Space and air attacks..(In case they attack..)
I think it is perfectly ok to discuss it for educative purposes...
The the probability of an alien encounter is real and as good as the probability of nuclear exchange between the two superpowers...
Please dont think this as a crazy thread...we have to prepare for everything if we want to survive as a species in the long term...
Putting the usual 'hilarity response' aside, this is a serious question for all of mankind.
Firstly, to imagine that we are the only 'intelligent' beings in the universe is far more laughable than to consider that there are many alien races technologically far superior to our own.

The history of science is littered with blinkered, insular and short sighted bigoted views which, after proper scientific study have been proved wrong, like the "flat Earth" theory, for one.

I posit the following arguments;

We are not alone.
We are not the most technologically advanced.
We are in contact with Alien races.
The general public is subjected to disinformation policies.

Evidence: I have seen two UFOs at very close range, with witnesses.

At least two astronauts have publically declared they know Alien UFOs exist.
I have seen NASA film of UFO interaction with a space shuttle in orbit and film of a NASA mission in orbit where the astronaut shows what is out the porthole, and it isn't one of ours!

Add to this;
the Brazil and French governments have opened there once closed files on UFOs, and now there is an international effort currently at work, involving ex-NASA, ex-military, scientists and other government officials who are publically demanding governments tell the public what they already now, that being, we ARE ALREADY IN CONTACT.

Finally,
think of this;
if you were a technologically far superior race, visiting a far inferior one still developing, wouldn't you carefully and slowly exammine the new race, while trying to keep a low profile? And, if the Alien presence was war minded, what better way to conquer, (if that was the intention), than to quietly assimilate, by co-evolution and cross breeding, rather than opening up a constant global conflict, all the while appeasing the governments in the most powerful positions globally by handing out some technology?

Finally, the greatest danger is to believe the disinformation, and treat it all as a joke.

My prediction; we will all know, for sure, in the coming few years, as nations break ranks with the USA, and reveal the truth.

When it happens, don't be afraid, remember, they have not just arrived, they have been here a very long time!

stealth stalker

Banned Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am happy about the response we have got here...i thought the moderators will delete or lock this thread....
i read that the SETI people are doing a big mistake by broadcasting our existence to different parts of the Galactic habitable zones...Extra-solar species may not share our ethics...they may view humans as a threat and may try to eliminate us...
Also they may have evolved prior to humans or they may have higher degree of intelligence because of oxygen rich atmosphere in their planet...
So if they are technologically superior we would have no scope against them...
Imagine the US of 1900s fighting against the US of present...The century old US may have the best technology of thier time but they are no match for ours..
The same will apply across civilizations too...
so the best option would be hiding us by avoiding even stray radio waves from escaping into space ...also we must camouflage our spacecrafts to resemble space rocks...
and should self destroy the space crafts straying away from the solar system....
Then only we could conceal us...
but we are broadcasting our existence all over the universe....
the SETI should seriously think about it...
they should listen for radio signals but should not broadcast signals...
This is a very serious topic putting the whole human species at risk...

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
That's one thing I never understood in most alien attack movies.
Why the stealth approach?
Trying to take over some guys in a small village somewhere in the desert of New Mexico or something like that.

Any alien race that is able to get to us would be so much more advanced that I bet that if they wanted to conquer us it would be a walk in the park for them.
So why the stealth. If I would want to conquer earth I would just do it. The tech they could employ would for sure toast our conventional weapons within hours and I doubt that any NBC-carrier be it a ICBM, cruise missile or fighter delivered bomb is going to get very far after launch.

One shouldn't be worried about us sending our radio waves out into space. If they want to fry us they are going to find us anyway.
And a space shuttle camouflaged as a rock isn't going to stop them from seeing the highly lighted urban centers or the worldwide broadcasting of the football world cup.

I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW OVERLORDS!

stealth stalker

Banned Member
One shouldn't be worried about us sending our radio waves out into space. If they want to fry us they are going to find us anyway.
And a space shuttle camouflaged as a rock isn't going to stop them from seeing the highly lighted urban centers or the worldwide broadcasting of the football world cup.

Let us try something rather than simply cursing our fate...for a far away observer the light escaping to space from the surface of the earth will not be visible unless they have extremely high resolution cameras.... If that is the case they should be already on their way to meet us...
Also remember Einsteins Relativity saying that nothing can travel faster than light.....technology may advance but fundamental laws remain the same...Unless they have found a wormhole they cant travel faster than light....So it would take centuries for them to reach us....
I think something like a world consortium should be formed and technologies to defend our planet should be developed...(like stopping them at the outskirts of our sol system)...also our planet needs to be defended against the NEO's(Near Earth Objects)...

Tavarisch

My opinion is this :

IN the event of an "Alien Attack" (which is unlikely as a hydrogen atom to split it's nucleus by itself), the first thing I would do is gather all those AIDS/HIV and SARS people and send them in. People with flu and the common cold go next. What is the life of a few in the grand scheme of 6 billion?

Then, we send Aedes Mosquitoes to spread Dengue. We also catapult shit and diarrhea at them so they can inspect the millions of bacteria in there.

This is the time we use our biological weapons, not our nuclear ones. World leaders ALWAYS make that mistake.

Sintra

That's one thing I never understood in most alien attack movies.
Why the stealth approach?
Trying to take over some guys in a small village somewhere in the desert of New Mexico or something like that.

Any alien race that is able to get to us would be so much more advanced that I bet that if they wanted to conquer us it would be a walk in the park for them.
So why the stealth. If I would want to conquer earth I would just do it. The tech they could employ would for sure toast our conventional weapons within hours and I doubt that any NBC-carrier be it a ICBM, cruise missile or fighter delivered bomb is going to get very far after launch.

One of the reason´s that could trigger this Alien Invasion are those radio waves that we keep sending to space...
Those radio emission´s could be seen has a legitimate "Casus Belli" by an Alien power.
Now just imagine, in our houses we have TV sets with a "on/off" button and are "generaly" prepared to expect the worst from generalistic stations.
Not so for "OUR NEW OVERLORDS"; when those radio waves are detected and deciphered our alien invaders might get hit by "BIG BROTHER"! Or even worst the Eurovision Festival Song!!!
Well, in my book that´s a clear "Casus Belli"...:D

Cheers

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
Ah, right.
I can imagine a lot of our tv programm being irritating enough to force them burning the first few km of our planet's surface to ashes.
And who could blame them...

Thinking that just because Einstein formulated a law which should make it impossible to travel faster than light doesn't mean that this is going to be true forever.

New scientific research and new technologies may someday show that it is indeed possible and be it just by some kind of warphole, beam, jump, whatever technology.

And we just can't stop any advanced alien race at the ouskirts of our star system.
With what? A Voyager probe with a small nuke warhead in it?

No letting life go on instead of trying to pour billions of hard cash into something which wouldn't help anyway if THEY come for us is much more preferable.

stealth stalker

Banned Member
My opinion is this :

IN the event of an "Alien Attack" (which is unlikely as a hydrogen atom to split it's nucleus by itself), the first thing I would do is gather all those AIDS/HIV and SARS people and send them in. People with flu and the common cold go next. What is the life of a few in the grand scheme of 6 billion?

Then, we send Aedes Mosquitoes to spread Dengue. We also catapult shit and diarrhea at them so they can inspect the millions of bacteria in there.

This is the time we use our biological weapons, not our nuclear ones. World leaders ALWAYS make that mistake.
But how do u know that the micro organisms that infect us would also infect them....they may have a biologically different makeup...or else they may have developed sufficient resistance to them since they r technologically advanced enough to come over here and challenge us....anyway we could try them....we could create highly mutating and adapting micro organisms in the lab...but the threat is that they would wipe out humans before any alien could really challenge us...

stealth stalker

Banned Member
defeating an alien attack is easy, first disable their electronics with continuous broadcast on every known freaquency of "Marty Robbins" country music, then just infiltrate them with a couple of people who have bad colds....:nutkick
Broadcasting on every known frequency is called jamming...but we cant jam a relatively wide spectrum since that would require infinite power...also techniques like frequency hopping could easily avoid jamming...another misconception is that an EMP bomb will take out all electronics....If the electronics are protected by faradays cage that is just a metal cage the EMP cant affect it...
i am a electronics and communication student anyway....

stealth stalker

Banned Member
Ah, right.

And we just can't stop any advanced alien race at the ouskirts of our star system.
With what? A Voyager probe with a small nuke warhead in it?

No letting life go on instead of trying to pour billions of hard cash into something which wouldn't help anyway if THEY come for us is much more preferable.
I have another idea that may help in the long term to conceal us...that is using gravitational lensing effect of distant stars we could hide solar system...this works just like the light bending armour used by predators in the movie...also by intelligently manipulating the dust clouds we could hide us in visual frequencies atleast....but these are speculative technologies which would require atleast a few centuries for us to master...

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
There's nothing you can really do if aliens attack. 1st off, they very likely will but they disguise themselves in objects such as comets and asteroids. They use certain forces to handicap their enemies before they present themselves. They do not attack in war of the worlds fashion or in id4 fashion. They are higher beings that use deception not a pack of wild wolves

harms

If I remember correctly, in that movie with Mel Gibson in the middle of corn field, someone said that aliens will not attack openly, because we would use Nuclear weapons and that would make Earth inhabitable. Not worthy for occupation. Of course this does not work if the goal is simply to destroy our planet.;)
And How does nuclear weapons work in space where there is no atmosphere and no blast wave???:confused:

Ananda

The Bunker Group
stealth stalker;168332]How well are our air forces prepared and equipped to counter Alien Space and air attacks..(In case they attack..)
If an alien race with the capability to cross star system and galaxy at will, wants to attack us (a race which at this moment can't even realistically come out with an technology on how to achieving it), isn't a similar comparison comparing horseman (with only sword, spear and arrow) wants to attack M1A2 ?

Considering Greece Phalax or Eqyptian Charriots facing 120mm smootbore canon on open battlefield, will only worth discussing how many minutes the M1A2 will finish the battle.

Questions if they can cross galaxy at will, why bother with this tiny little blue dot ?

Sorry..all I can says isn't a little bit pointless to discuss something that's soo disproprotionaly uncomparable..??