Some help, please, anyone...Many thanks.

amg_mercedes1

Hi. Other than watching the fantastic clips/videos on Youtube, where else other than on ebay can I buy good quality DVDs featuring such clips? I've watched some DVDs featuring military aircraft, but either are they too old (as in date released) or of poor quality. Thanks very much.

DeltaSPARTAN003

Hi. Other than watching the fantastic clips/videos on Youtube, where else other than on ebay can I buy good quality DVDs featuring such clips? I've watched some DVDs featuring military aircraft, but either are they too old (as in date released) or of poor quality. Thanks very much.
Is this, user created stuff? Or like that one show, Dogfights of the Future?

amg_mercedes1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean like footage of airshows?
Yes, those type of DVDs or similar. For examples, I have watched the "Summer Thunder" and "Fighter Pilot" series as produced by Topics-entertainment, and I have also watched other dvds such as Wings of Gold, Wings of silver and Thunder from above and so forth.

What I am really after are some of the clips which you can watch from this website
Combat Aircraft Magazine
This is just one of the many military aircraft websites out there, I think there are heaps more out there.

So, my question is, where can I get such clips?

Thank to you all, dear friends, for your guidances.

amg_mercedes1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is this, user created stuff? Or like that one show, Dogfights of the Future?
What is user created stuff please?

And yes, this "dogfights of the future"......I have not watched this one yet, thank you for telling me about this one. Is this one worth seeing? What other ones would you recommend?

Many thanks again to you and all the other users who have kindly responded to my posts.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, those type of DVDs or similar. For examples, I have watched the "Summer Thunder" and "Fighter Pilot" series as produced by Topics-entertainment, and I have also watched other dvds such as Wings of Gold, Wings of silver and Thunder from above and so forth.

What I am really after are some of the clips which you can watch from this website
Combat Aircraft Magazine
This is just one of the many military aircraft websites out there, I think there are heaps more out there.

So, my question is, where can I get such clips?

Thank to you all, dear friends, for your guidances.
In general I just look around on youtube, mostly things are split into 9-10 minute slices, but sometimes longer stuff is uploaded. An example would be the following, a PBS documentary entitled "Battle of the X-Planes", about the fly-off between the X-32 and X-35 for the Joint Strike Fighter competition.

At nearly two hours it's a lengthy and interesting look at the competition, and one I thoroughly enjoyed. It was uploaded by PBS themselves so the full thing is included in the one video, no need to load a new vid every ten minutes. It's in HD too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kNszWU7hTw]YouTube - Battle of the X-Planes[/ame]

Enjoy :)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he's specifically looking into purchasing footage of that sort in high quality. I would suggest going after downloadable material. But I'm not sure how available that type of stuff is. Amazon might be a good bet.

Amazon.com: fighter planes - Movies & TV

Your battle of the x-planes came up on there. As well as some other cool looking stuff. I'm sorry, but I can't really make any particularly interesting recommendations.