School Project: My Lai

SilverHeart

Hello everyone,

My name is Minh L., my parents fled from South-Vietnam about thirty years ago after the war. I however was born and raised in Holland.

I've decided to use a Vietnam war subject for my school project, which includes interviewing American(soldier)s. I was wondering if you could help me with answering these questions thoroughly so I could use it in my essay.

Picture (Optional, in uniform prefered)

What is your (rank), name, age?

Have you ever been in touch with the Vietnam war, or have you ever heard of it?

Could you tell me what you know about the Vietnam war?

Do you know anything about the My Lai massacre?

After reading what happened, what do you think about it now?

In your opinion, how did your country react to the war and the massacre?

Can you understand the atrocities the American soldiers committed (if in those circumstances, would you be able to understand their actions)?

What do you think you and your people are able to learn from this event?

PS: Information about My Lai can be found on Wikipedia or other educative sites. I wrote an essay about it, but am not able to upload it due to its size.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Minh L.

Soldier of VNAF

Hello everyone,

My name is Minh L., my parents fled from South-Vietnam about thirty years ago after the war. I however was born and raised in Holland.

I've decided to use a Vietnam war subject for my school project, which includes interviewing American(soldier)s. I was wondering if you could help me with answering these questions thoroughly so I could use it in my essay.

Picture (Optional, in uniform prefered)

What is your (rank), name, age?

Have you ever been in touch with the Vietnam war, or have you ever heard of it?

Could you tell me what you know about the Vietnam war?

Do you know anything about the My Lai massacre?

After reading what happened, what do you think about it now?

In your opinion, how did your country react to the war and the massacre?

Can you understand the atrocities the American soldiers committed (if in those circumstances, would you be able to understand their actions)?

What do you think you and your people are able to learn from this event?

PS: Information about My Lai can be found on Wikipedia or other educative sites. I wrote an essay about it, but am not able to upload it due to its size.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Minh L.
Dear Minh
Why don;t You ask your Parents?i was a soldier in South VN,but i live in VN now,You should know that a man like me hard to tell the thruth story,this is a complete story
Regard

STURM

Dear Minh
Why don;t You ask your Parents?i was a soldier in South VN,but i live in VN now,You should know that a man like me hard to tell the thruth story,this is a complete story
Regard
Minh, hope these help. Seymour Hersh was the man who broke the my Lai story when it happened. I'm sure you can also find lots of stuff on the net.

YouTube - Seymour Hersh and the Hunt for Lt. William Calley
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgE3q5x5qWg"]YouTube - My Lai Massacre 1968 Remembered: with Seymour Hersh part 1[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI6V-VEPuXs&feature=related"]YouTube - My Lai Massacre 1968 Remembered: with Seymour Hersh part 2[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPHEvaNjdhw&feature=related"]YouTube - Calley Apologizes for 1968 My Lai Massacre. Democracy Now 8/24/09[/nomedia]