PostApoc?

DeadSkies

Hey everyone, so my friends and I have come together to write a post-nuclear war book set in the mainland America. They country is reduced to what you would imagine: a wasteland/desert with half destroyed buildings, wildling havens, the whatnot (sans Mad Max/Road Warrior starring Mel Gibson). I would personally like to know what you guys think would happen and what would be common weaponry; what would remain of the government, so on. Let your minds wander, just don't forget to tell us your theories!

My2Cents

Hey everyone, so my friends and I have come together to write a post-nuclear war book set in the mainland America. They country is reduced to what you would imagine: a wasteland/desert with half destroyed buildings, wildling havens, the whatnot (sans Mad Max/Road Warrior starring Mel Gibson). I would personally like to know what you guys think would happen and what would be common weaponry; what would remain of the government, so on. Let your minds wander, just don't forget to tell us your theories!
Sounds like you are setting the story at least a few years after the conflict, to account for the weathering of the buildings and climate changes. You would also have to assume that the nuclear arsenals got rebuilt.

Surviving population is 1% (maximum) of current, with all other nations effected similarly. Frankly, it looks more like a GEE (Global Extermination Event) to create your scenario, so no large animals, including man, are left and the buildings are full of cockroaches.

TPK