Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Intros & Off Topic

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces






Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence


The new members introduction thread.

This is a discussion on The new members introduction thread. within the Intros & Off Topic forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; Hello everyone! My name is Perham, and I'm originally from Iran. I'm currently living abroad for my research. I'm interested ...


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 13th, 2016   #661
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1
Threads:
Hello everyone!

My name is Perham, and I'm originally from Iran. I'm currently living abroad for my research. I'm interested in new defense technologies, particularly in air force. I'm a software engineer for several years now, and that's the only area related to defense that I probably qualify to talk about a bit. For the rest, my knowledge is limited to Wikipedia/Youtube . I will be mostly reading stuff rather than posting due to aforementioned lack of substantial information, but I'm also open to questions if you think I can be of any help.

Cheers!
Perham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016   #662
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2
Threads:
Hello,

I am a software engineer with a passion for military aviation systems. I don't expect to be posting much here because so many here know so much more than I. I will be mostly reading.

I am currently studying the Air Power threads for newcomers. I came here from other groups on Facebook but could not take all the ignorance and hatred that goes along with it.

Glad to be here!

--Peter
Mandark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016   #663
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perham View Post
Hello everyone!

My name is Perham, and I'm originally from Iran. I'm currently living abroad for my research. I'm interested in new defense technologies, particularly in air force. I'm a software engineer for several years now, and that's the only area related to defense that I probably qualify to talk about a bit. For the rest, my knowledge is limited to Wikipedia/Youtube . I will be mostly reading stuff rather than posting due to aforementioned lack of substantial information, but I'm also open to questions if you think I can be of any help.

Cheers!
Gidday Perham. Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation.
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2016   #664
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandark View Post
Hello,

I am a software engineer with a passion for military aviation systems. I don't expect to be posting much here because so many here know so much more than I. I will be mostly reading.

I am currently studying the Air Power threads for newcomers. I came here from other groups on Facebook but could not take all the ignorance and hatred that goes along with it.

Glad to be here!

--Peter
Gidday Peter. Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation.
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016   #665
Junior Member
Private First Class
No Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 64
Threads:
Greetings, everyone!

I have only just realised the existence of the introduction thread, even though I have been on this wonderful forum for over a year. So, I guess it's better late than never that I introduce myself.

I am an early-career academic, living in Australia and specialising in Eastern European cultures (Russian philosophy predominantly). However, I have always had an interest in world affairs.

I have followed the various threads on this forum for almost a decade now and often found that the various opinions shared here are often much more meaningful and reliable than anything to be found in the media. Hence, whenever, a new hot-spot appears on the globe, 'Geo-strategic Issues' thread is always my first port of call.

With warmest gratitude to all participants and moderators in particular,

Andreas.
A.V. Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2016   #666
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.V. Berg View Post
Greetings, everyone!

I have only just realised the existence of the introduction thread, even though I have been on this wonderful forum for over a year. So, I guess it's better late than never that I introduce myself.

I am an early-career academic, living in Australia and specialising in Eastern European cultures (Russian philosophy predominantly). However, I have always had an interest in world affairs.

I have followed the various threads on this forum for almost a decade now and often found that the various opinions shared here are often much more meaningful and reliable than anything to be found in the media. Hence, whenever, a new hot-spot appears on the globe, 'Geo-strategic Issues' thread is always my first port of call.

With warmest gratitude to all participants and moderators in particular,

Andreas.
Gidday Andreas, a belated welcome aboard. IIRC it took me a while to find this too
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016   #667
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1
Threads:
Hello, all. Just found the site in a quest for some better information on what is going on in the world. Finished reading several threads and am not disappointed. I got here because of some prepper sources talking about preparing for nuclear war. Then Russia had a national preparation exercise and then called home its families members studying and such outside of Russia....hmmm...made me start reading more.

I have almost no training or expertise to share (unless we do go nuclear and then I can teach you how to sharpen and set the teeth on crosscut saw! lol) so I suspect I'll just be reading a lot.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It is incredible to think that someone with a true desire to learn can access knowledge from all over the world to get a much clearer picture of what is really happening. I don't really feel I can trust anything that comes across the TV or the ".com" sites anymore.
mjunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2016   #668
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjunk1 View Post
Hello, all. Just found the site in a quest for some better information on what is going on in the world. Finished reading several threads and am not disappointed. I got here because of some prepper sources talking about preparing for nuclear war. Then Russia had a national preparation exercise and then called home its families members studying and such outside of Russia....hmmm...made me start reading more.

I have almost no training or expertise to share (unless we do go nuclear and then I can teach you how to sharpen and set the teeth on crosscut saw! lol) so I suspect I'll just be reading a lot.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It is incredible to think that someone with a true desire to learn can access knowledge from all over the world to get a much clearer picture of what is really happening. I don't really feel I can trust anything that comes across the TV or the ".com" sites anymore.
Gidday cobber. Welcome aboard. Crosscut saws eh? Thirsty work driving one of them Yes it can be difficult sometimes sorting the chaff from the straw and the modern news media is not all that reliable, although some sources are better than others. Enjoy your time and here and please take a look at the rules.
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016   #669
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rotorua
Posts: 3
Threads:
Greetings!

Hi there everyone, long time reader just bothering to actually register.
I've been a follower of the NZ military threads for the last year and it has been insightful knowing what could be coming our way. I love hearing about all the new rumors and bits of info that keep popping up!

I'm just a Civ, my Dad was an Army Machine gunner, and my Uncle was a Skyhawk pilot.

o7

Donnzy
Donnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2016   #670
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnzy View Post
Hi there everyone, long time reader just bothering to actually register.
I've been a follower of the NZ military threads for the last year and it has been insightful knowing what could be coming our way. I love hearing about all the new rumors and bits of info that keep popping up!

I'm just a Civ, my Dad was an Army Machine gunner, and my Uncle was a Skyhawk pilot.

o7

Donnzy
Gidday cobber. Welcome aboard. Nice to have another Kiwi here. Enjoy your time and here and please take a look at the rules.
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2016   #671
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Warr Acres, Oklahoma
Posts: 9
Threads:
Greetings, just saying hello since the rules recommended it. I've been trying to keep up with defense news since the mid 80's, but don't consider myself an expert. It's been interesting and informative reading the last few years of posts, before I registered. Hopefully I will get to the point I feel comfortable contributing, until then I will keep reading.
jasonfreeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2016   #672
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfreeland View Post
Greetings, just saying hello since the rules recommended it. I've been trying to keep up with defense news since the mid 80's, but don't consider myself an expert. It's been interesting and informative reading the last few years of posts, before I registered. Hopefully I will get to the point I feel comfortable contributing, until then I will keep reading.
Gidday Jason. Welcome aboard. Please feel free to participate and we will look forward to your posts.
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017   #673
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1
Threads:
Aloha from Hawaii.

I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge accumulated on this forum.

-GrandMasterFlapJack
gmasterfj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2017   #674
Moderator
General
ngatimozart's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,196
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmasterfj View Post
Aloha from Hawaii.

I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge accumulated on this forum.

-GrandMasterFlapJack
Gidday cobber. Welcome aboard. Enjoy your time and here and please take a look at the rules.
________________
"There is one immutable truth we cannot prevent; war is coming, we just donít know when or where." Brigadier Andrew Harrison DSO MBE
ngatimozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2017   #675
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 1
Threads:
Smile hey all

Hello

My name is Kanykei, interested in the actual methodology of self defence methods, weapons, and motor cognition.
I have been practicing Pikaya system self defence system lately.

Like meeting new people, and talking w ones who really know what they are talking about

Kani
Kanykei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.