Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Intros & Off Topic

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

The new members introduction thread.

This is a discussion on The new members introduction thread. within the Intros & Off Topic forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I'm 18 from Singapore and waiting to enlist in the armed forces. (My enlistment date is in march darn it; ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old February 2nd, 2009   #16
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hello!

I'm 18 from Singapore and waiting to enlist in the armed forces. (My enlistment date is in march darn it; all my friends are in there already)

Looking to while the time away on defense issues. I'm not fluent with the technical aspects of war machines and unit structure and the like so I'm playing by ear mostly.

I hope to have a great time here
wertyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009   #17
Defense Enthusiast
Sergeant
No Avatar
Threads:
Just asking , anyone here living in Penang? I'd like to know that I am not alone here. And by Penang, I don't mean to include Seberang Perai.
Tavarisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009   #18
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wertyisme View Post
I'm 18 from Singapore and waiting to enlist in the armed forces. (My enlistment date is in march darn it; all my friends are in there already)

Looking to while the time away on defense issues. I'm not fluent with the technical aspects of war machines and unit structure and the like so I'm playing by ear mostly.

I hope to have a great time here
Welcome to DT wertyisme!
OPSSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009   #19
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzirhan View Post
Just joined the forum after finding it on google search when checking on anything posted on net about my articles. My name is the same as my screename and I write for a couple of defence publications incl JDW, Asia Pacific Defence Reporter and Defence Review Asia, not sure though how to confirm my ID here unless someone on this forum has worked with me or knows me.
Dzirhan, I've just sent a PM to 2 Mods (as your PM function will turn on after 50 posts).

The friendly mods should get back to you in due time.

Last edited by OPSSG; February 4th, 2009 at 04:59 AM.
OPSSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009   #20
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavarisch View Post
Privyet, My Tavarischs!

I am Tavarisch, (russian for Comrade), and I am from Malaysia. I believe I am the only 15 year old in my classroom that probably does this kind of thing.

My main interest lies with Soviet and Russian tanks of the post-War era mainly. However, I am quite familiar with several ATGMs of Soviet legacy, Soviet SAMs and Soviet/Russian infantry small arms. Safe to say, I can also sing the Soviet Anthem (1944,1977) and the Russian Federation Anthem. Hell, I can even loosely translate them.

I can read and write in cyrillic (well, almost. I'm far from understanding Russian really) As you may have guessed, I despise NATO.

I hope to be able to share my information with you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzirhan View Post
Hi,

Just joined the forum after finding it on google search when checking on anything posted on net about my articles. My name is the same as my screename and I write for a couple of defence publications incl JDW, Asia Pacific Defence Reporter and Defence Review Asia, not sure though how to confirm my ID here unless someone on this forum has worked with me or knows me.
Welcome guys. Dzirhan please post a visitors message in gf0012-aust's account letting him know, he typically handles ID checks. I do believe he has a way to confirm what you say.

Read the rules and enjoy your stay.
Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009   #21
Defense Professional / Analyst
Private First Class
No Avatar
Threads:
Tks, message sent. Look forward to contributing here.
Dzirhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009   #22
Private First Class
No Avatar
Threads:
Greetings all, another Brit has joined up.

My special interest is in ammunition (mainly small arms and automatic cannon), which I collect, research, and write about. I won't say any more about that because you can see it on my website if you're interested: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/ where there's also a lot of data and articles about military guns and ammunition.
Tony Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009   #23
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:
welcome to defencetalk everyone and thank you for posting. please tell your friends as well.

Thanks and enjoy!

Got a problem? Need help? Contact me!
WebMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2009   #24
Just Hatched
Private
Threads:
Namaskar (In Indian tradition ) or Hi to all

well am Dipgroy or simply RoY from India.... a technical student and Peace lover.... but still a defence enthusiastic cause I belive the key development to the mankind brought through the defence research.... starts from the discovery of fire. As a subject of science and mordern world am also a part of the fate that the world holds now. Like to do thousand things to find a way to left a trail of creativity....... The development on the defence science catch my eyes most as I know sooner or later it will turn from TACTICAL to PRACTICAL . And my Personal opinion there will be no bloodshade in upcoming days as the war will be conducted then through exchanging "o" and "1"..... and it already started.....
dipgroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009   #25
Just Hatched
Private
Threads:
Hi....

I am new to this forum. Hope this will be a good one to interact with.
PureLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009   #26
Defense Professional / Analyst
General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Williams View Post
Greetings all, another Brit has joined up.

My special interest is in ammunition (mainly small arms and automatic cannon), which I collect, research, and write about. I won't say any more about that because you can see it on my website if you're interested: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/ where there's also a lot of data and articles about military guns and ammunition.
Welcome aboard sir, I do on occasion browse through your site, excellant material if I may add.
Old February 10th, 2009   #27
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
Hi all

Hi all, found this thread off of yahoo. Looking for chat and stuff.
Keep your power dry
ronin275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009   #28
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
New to the Boards

Hello Everyone, I am a military history hobbyist, along with a tabletop and RPG gamer, I have done writing and playtesting for a couple of companies along the way, and one of my specialties is taking real or fictional vehicles etc and writing them up for various games.

I am from Normal, Illinois... yes there really is a town called normal, but it isnt normal
shadowcat1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009   #29
Private First Class
No Avatar
Threads:
Hi guys

Hi everyone,

Been reading through this forum for quite a while really enjoy it (missus hates it by the way - I better do the vacuuming before she gets home...). Really perceptive and expert people here so I am learning alot - I am not an expert by the way. I was a Army minion for a brief period... very brief but loved it. Fighting the urge to go back but the pay cut is a significant decider as it the possible poisoning from the missus (she aint keen). Anyway plenty of questions but sorry not much in the way of answers is what I offer.

Cheers for such a well organised and informative website.

Anyway

Cheers
Shane
shanes_world_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2009   #30
Private
No Avatar
Threads:
hi all

im 30

lives in Kuala Lumpur as an architect
i mainly love collecting military pictures....so here i am.

i usually dont discuss much but, i would like to share my take on certain subject.

cheers all.
ggk is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: