Missile system manufacturing

Hello I am the designer of a new missile system and the more I look into the licenses required to operate such a business here in the USA the more I get discouraged in all the expenses associated with starting that sort of company . So I have been looking around for countries to move to that maybe have less regulation or less start up expense , But then If i move to say another country then I will most likely be sharing that technology with that country and that is something that i do not feel absolutely comfortable with . I love my country and I would like to stay here but I am feeling that it would be an unattainable dream . Any input would be appreciated thanks :)

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to defencetalk. You sound like you have a very interesting job. Would you mind telling us the name of your company, and what types of munitions it manufactures?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
We have not yet decided on a company name but we are a group of professionals who are starting a company based off this system that we have been working on for about a year now . It is my hope that our system will one day replace the current ATGM systems and all MANPAD systems in use today , it will not only be shoulder fired but it will be configurable for mounting on UAV's and Rotary aircraft .

Feanor

Super Moderator
Staff member
So it's a universal multi-purpose guided missile. Disposable or reusable launch container? What type of guidance? Command-guidance or fire and forget? What kind of warheads are we talking about? I'm assuming you're going to have several options available.

I'll be honest I can't give much in the field of professional advice here, but the subject is very interesting and if you don't mind sharing a little, it would be much appreciated.

In terms of general comments in response to your original prompt, I would look into other NATO countries, particularly ones with very strong and long-term ties to the US like Canada or the UK. I'm not sure if regulations there are any less lax, and if taxes are any smaller, but ideologically it shouldn't be too problematic in terms of the technology.