Military jail.

Submarinerex

Hi there I just want to get some information about military jail.
My Ex paretner is a submariner in the navy. He has been investigated by ADFIS and he is going to get charged with 5 counts of fraud. 1 x rent assistance fraud of $14,000 and 4 x making fake reciepts up to claim the white goods loan each loan as ;$4000 so all together that makes $30,000 he's defrauded the government. I've heard a few things as to what might happen ie military jail/jail but he's is leaving the navy next month, will this have any bearing on anything? Will he have to stay in until the trail is over?

Thanks.

Lucasnz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Hi there I just want to get some information about military jail.
My Ex paretner is a submariner in the navy. He has been investigated by ADFIS and he is going to get charged with 5 counts of fraud. 1 x rent assistance fraud of $14,000 and 4 x making fake reciepts up to claim the white goods loan each loan as ;$4000 so all together that makes $30,000 he's defrauded the government. I've heard a few things as to what might happen ie military jail/jail but he's is leaving the navy next month, will this have any bearing on anything? Will he have to stay in until the trail is over?

Thanks.
Hi and Welcome (and you might want to check your spelling). I've moved you post here as it seemed more appropriate. Your question needs to be answered by someone specific to Australia as the rules around military justice will be fundamentally different in each country.

From a New Zealand perspective the NZDF has the power to recall people to duty if they face charges under the Armed Discipline Act, as some people found out when in the early-mid 1990's during the navy sexual harassment cases here.