military intelligence analyst

lucinator

I'm looking to go into a military/defense analyst career, I would not be able to medically be able to pass the army's basic boot camp. Any suggestions as to how I should approach this?

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
I'm looking to go into a military/defense analyst career, I would not be able to medically be able to pass the army's basic boot camp. Any suggestions as to how I should approach this?
need more info

your citizenship, country of birth, parents nationality and places of birth, your academic background etc....

there are other issues, but these 4 are basic showstoppers that will impact on whether you can obtain the necessary clearance levels in the first place.

HubertBonisseur

Intel/analyst

Most of the National Intelligence agencies have vacancy positions listed on their sites, along with some guidance as to what you will require in the way of qualifications, citizenship etc.
In the meantime I would join some analytical organisations and see if there are courses available for basic analysis. Another tack is that many Universities and Colleges offer courses in either military or criminal analysis, both of which could be a starting point.
I would also start to familiarize myself with some basic Imagery analysis - plenty of sites to look at there and also do a course on i2 - Analyst notebook. these are all good starting points.
Hope this helps
HB :cool:

fazer_1000

maybe you should try going a different way

Maybe you should try checking for a position in a company that research in the military field rather than joining the army in your country.