Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Intros & Off Topic

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Ideas, suggestions, etc. for Defence Talk?

This is a discussion on Ideas, suggestions, etc. for Defence Talk? within the Intros & Off Topic forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; I don't exactly know my self, i was more into looking for pictures then be serious talking about wars and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average.
Old November 26th, 2005   #16
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
No Avatar
Threads:
Re: How did you found out about Defence Talk?

I don't exactly know my self, i was more into looking for pictures then be serious talking about wars and other stuff plus maybe i think i didn't really "see" the command buttons other then pictures. I think that should be it.
ThunderBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005   #17
Private
Threads:

1) I heard about DT when I was surfing online, looking for strategy/tactics forumns.

2) I really liked DT from the start I wish I could get on more often. This is where I spend a lot of my internet time.

3) Uh, I'm not sure about that one.
Maverickjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2005   #18
Defense Enthusiast
Lieutenant
Threads:

1.) Funny story actually. I was searching for a german forum with a very similar name and Google listed this site first. So now I am reading and discussing on both sites.

2.) I appreciated that there are several users around, who obviously have some insight into the topic from a professional point of view. Also I liked the fact that this forum with its emphasis on countries and events in Asia complements my other sources for military-related discussion. Here I think I get an overview about the american and asian perspective (although I am aware that many european users are present as well).

3.) Simple. Keep up the high levels of profound and cultivated discussion and the good moderation/administration.
Old December 2nd, 2005   #19
Private First Class
Threads:

1. I was looking for info about PT-91M configuration (mayby I suprise you, I didn't use Google ). My first post was about PT-91 used by polish army.

2. Lots informations from exotic south asia region (exotic from my point of view). Few good members, who's knowlage is above average level (eg. Aussie Digger). Good e-mail newsletter.
oskarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005   #20
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:

Hi I`m new here, great forum, looking forward to learning lots from you guys and perhaps contributing something along the way.

I found this site while I was trying to prove to friends that Abrams tanks had been captured by the former Iraqi regime during the March `03 invasion. A search brought up your page and those great pictures (which I remembered seeing some of on BBC world during coverage of the invasion). My friends were surprised. Great stuff, thanks!

Brief self intro:

I`ve always been interested in this stuff. My Dad worked in Australian defence As a kid I used to read his copies of Jane`s Defence Weekly cover to cover when he brought them home (I was a strange kid!). I`ve never been in the military or consider myself physically or mentally prepared to become a soldier but I have a huge respect for military personnel and the job they do. Plus military hardware is just plain cool, right!?

I`m an Australian but live and work in Japan. I`m involved in an Airsoft Military Simulation group in my area. Great bunch of Japanese guys who love this stuff too. I currently have a rough US SF kit procured entirely on eBay! Its great to play these games and get an idea of what tactics would work in real life.

I have a US air base near where I live, Misawa: http://www.misawa.af.mil/
Flying out of there are two squadrons of the Block 50 model F-16CJ and F-16DJ Fighting Falcons. They are truly awesome to watch turning and burning at low altitude over my tiny Japanese town.(I`m sure they`re not supposed to fly that low and are noisy as hell but I love it). I might be going with my Airsoft friends to the base open day in the spring and hopefully take some pictures for you guys.

Looking forward to reading through more of this site!
MilSpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2005   #21
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

Guys, thanks for the feedback. It would only help to improve the site for everyone.

There have been a lot of South Asian visitors as well as posts even though 50% of our traffic is from USA and then UK, Europe and Australia/NewZealand and South Asian (india, pakistan) come way down the list. We've been trying hard to cut down on some of the idiotic posts that show up when India and Pakistan threads come up but I think, we've been able to control most of the garbage which isn't filtered out on many other forums.

But for past couple of months, we've seen surge of users from Canada, UK (europe) and Australia as well as China, which is always good and the more diversity the more it serves the purpose of this site which is to have a vibrant Global/International Defence community rather than for any specific country or region.

MilSpex, WELCOME to DefenceTalk and thanks for the lengthy feedback and intro.

Please enjoy!

Got a problem? Need help? Contact me!
WebMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005   #22
Banned Member
Private
Threads:

I got the info about this forum from one of my nearest friend "blackdronzer".
this site is prety cool.
dronzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005   #23
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

You ARE blackdronzer and that nick was banned for flaming just recently.

Old December 4th, 2005   #24
Banned Member
Private
Threads:
Red face Re: How did you found out about Defence Talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebMaster
You ARE blackdronzer and that nick was banned for flaming just recently.
So you found out ,now are you going to kick me off from the forum or will you allow me to continue.If your kind ,please give me back my old name back.
dronzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2005   #25
Super Moderator
Lieutenant General
Threads:

lol

Dronzer you expected him not to find out. Well according to understood rules you are now suppose to be banned for waaaay long period but thats in the hands of Webs. May be if you behave well he'll give you chance.
Old December 6th, 2005   #26
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:

Actually, I was at Dubai to attend International Air Show along with two of my friends. After coming back, I was searching the news/ pictures and material related to the event. During the search I came accross about this forum. Got interested, thus joined.
Its too early for me to suggest improvements, as I havn't gone through all the stuff. Will let you know in due coarse of time.
But generally, the idea is good. You have the chance to know as to what people think in different parts of the world, about issues, causes and problems regarding what I think and say of; "Being and Becomming".
Old December 10th, 2005   #27
Just Hatched
Private
No Avatar
Threads:

Looking for details about RN Type 22 Frigates. Your site looked interesting, so now I browse with the best! As for improvements, let me ponder a little, scratch the beard and agitate the neurones a little!
Guy Neave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005   #28
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

Thanks for joining and keep the suggestions coming.

Old December 14th, 2005   #29
Defense Enthusiast
Master Sergeant
Threads:

I was looking for new information, on the JC-17 project and stumbled on the website. It been great so far, but I an earlier post I believe some are talking to much about India and Pakistan.
LancerMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005   #30
Troll Hunter
General
Threads:

Thanks, Lancer. We have rather large number of south Asians and more come as they search for topics related to their countries on search engines. And to somewhat control that we occasionally lock pak/india threads to let things cool off before they even turn warm (one of the strategies to control flame wars and useless BS from posting).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: