Go Back   DefenceTalk Forum - Military & Defense Forums > Global Defense & Military > Geo-strategic Issues

Defense News
Land, Air & Naval Forces

Military Photos
Latest Military Pictures
Defense Reports
Aerospace & Defence

Usa

This is a discussion on Usa within the Geo-strategic Issues forum, part of the Global Defense & Military category; If economies deteriorate south of the border which doesn't seem to concern Trump, expect a tsunami of illegals to head ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old January 27th, 2017   #31
Defense Enthusiast
Chief Warrant Officer
No Avatar
Threads:
If economies deteriorate south of the border which doesn't seem to concern Trump, expect a tsunami of illegals to head North. Don't expect Mexico to help. No wall will stand up to that.
Old January 27th, 2017   #32
Super Moderator
Major General
Threads:
Mexico has already stated that they keep a large portion of people from the south of them from getting to the US. Any sort of wall or trade war happens and that law enforcement help goes away.
Old January 28th, 2017   #33
Private First Class
No Avatar
Threads:
trump put ban on 7 countries, US permanent resident and green card also affected, including international fly transit via US.

saw a news early where a british phd resident with Iran passport going back to UK transit via JFK was stop, has to find alternate route outside of US.

Silicon Valley Leaders Slam Trump Refugee Restrictions, Offer Employees Legal Aid - NBC News

Trump's immigration ban sends shockwaves - CNNPolitics.com

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ountries-trump

Quote:
Homeland security says green card holders included
Quote:
Holders of passports from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen were stopped at airports, while passengers already in the air were detained in the US. In one incident, five Iraqi passengers and one Yemeni, all holding valid visas, were barred from boarding an EgyptAir flight from Cairo to New York and instead redirected on to flights to their home countries.

A Yazidi woman, who fled an Isis massacre in Iraq in 2014, was stopped from boarding a flight in Baghdad, after waiting months for a visa to be reunited with her husband, who is already in the US.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...slim-countries
Old January 28th, 2017   #34
Banned Member
Chief Warrant Officer
No Avatar
Threads:
Well, that is exactly what he had promised to do before the elections. Extreeeeme vetting.

The example with the iraqi woman that wanted to reunite with her husband is a good example of how things can get out of control. You plan to accept 10000 people and they bring in ten times more, then they give birth to even more to get the benefits, then they eventually get citizenship and vote for Democrats because they are a minority and so on ...

Or they don't have citizenship and illegally vote for Democrats
Hillary Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, bolsters Trump argument, study finds - Washington Times
Old January 28th, 2017   #35
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblerone View Post
Well, that is exactly what he had promised to do before the elections. Extreeeeme vetting.

The example with the iraqi woman that wanted to reunite with her husband is a good example of how things can get out of control. You plan to accept 10000 people and they bring in ten times more, then they give birth to even more to get the benefits, then they eventually get citizenship and vote for Democrats because they are a minority and so on ...

Hillary Clinton received 800,000 votes from noncitizens, bolsters Trump argument, study finds - Washington Times
That does not appear to a credible source and the title misquotes the article. Did you read it?

BTW: District Court granted a temporary restraining order precluding enforcement as to those folks in transit.

Art

Last edited by gf0012-aust; January 29th, 2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old January 28th, 2017   #36
Defense Enthusiast
Chief Warrant Officer
No Avatar
Threads:
He will prioritize Christian refugees? How exactly will he verify the religiosity of prospective immigrants? Would love to see what kind of god-detector DHS will use. This could actually backfire and make it easier for a Jihadist posing as a Christian to slip through.

Last edited by colay1; January 29th, 2017 at 07:12 AM.
Old January 29th, 2017   #37
Defense Enthusiast
Chief Warrant Officer
No Avatar
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblerone View Post

LOL.. The Washington Times of Sun Hyung Moon fame? Well his "Moonies' believe he is the messiah after all.
Old January 29th, 2017   #38
Banned Member
Chief Warrant Officer
No Avatar
Threads:
I don't know what you are talking about. But I have seen in other discussions that the article I posted here is misrepresenting the results of the study, so let's ignore it.

Damn fake news
Old January 29th, 2017   #39
Super Moderator
General
Threads:
The Trump version.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
And I shall tell them - fuck off!"
Old January 29th, 2017   #40
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
I don't know enough to comment on the need for greater investigation of folks coming here, but I surely know incompetence when I see it. This does not bode well, if this is their best.

Art
Old January 29th, 2017   #41
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007yellow430 View Post
I don't know enough to comment on the need for greater investigation of folks coming here, but I surely know incompetence when I see it. This does not bode well, if this is their best.

Art
Don't worry, it gets better, now he's removed the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, from the National Security Council to make room for his top adviser, strategist and ex-Brietbart news editor Steve Bannon.
Old January 30th, 2017   #42
Defense Aficionado
Major General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdxbow View Post
Don't worry, it gets better, now he's removed the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, from the National Security Council to make room for his top adviser, strategist and ex-Brietbart news editor Steve Bannon.
Reminds one about that line, "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic". So far, the only bright light in this administration is his defence secretary.
Old January 30th, 2017   #43
Defense Enthusiast
Corporal
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fedup View Post
Reminds one about that line, "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic". So far, the only bright light in this administration is his defence secretary.
Mattis was clearly sidelined and benched before he could testify to the House because Mattis doesn't speak the party line of alternative horse manure. I like Mattis but I don't see him staying very long in this administration. Mattis has a reputation as a no-shit kind of guy and I don't seem him responding well to being boxed in. His comments on Russia, NATO, just about everything he said goes against Trump's distorted version of reality. I dont always like sensalists viewpoints but Trump more and more seems like a 5th columnist, or as Washington States governor referred to him, "an enemy of the United States." The bright light of Mattis will likely be the light at the end of the tunnel that we heard of during the Vietnam war, visible but unobtainable.

When the Allies were making their first attempt at crossing the Rapido River in Italy, the commander of one ill-fated U.S. battalion said, "we might succeed, but I do not see how we can." Trump might succeed, but I do not see how he can.
Old February 2nd, 2017   #44
Defense Enthusiast
Sergeant
Threads:
Trump

Sorry I placed this in the RAN thread.

Just changing direction a little for the moment. I saw this today and started to really think what the future holds for the ANZUS treaty and relations if Trump keeps carrying on like he is. Particularly if this article is anything go by?
http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...4bda48cb4dd577

I know I shouldn't read much into articles like this. But generally where there's smoke there's fire. I can very much see Mr Trump isolating the USA is a big way during his term. You shouldn't dismiss your staunch allies.
Old February 2nd, 2017   #45
Defense Aficionado
Lieutenant General
Threads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by weegee View Post
I know I shouldn't read much into articles like this. But generally where there's smoke there's fire. I can very much see Mr Trump isolating the USA is a big way during his term. You shouldn't dismiss your staunch allies.
Allies should listen to each other. I can't think of two allies that have as much in common right now as Australia and the US.

If Australia and the US can't get along, what hope does anyone else have? Can't even manage a phone call?

Where is this leaking from? His office seems to have more holes than than the US foreign policy.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: