Reasons against Japanese Rearmament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abramsteve

G'day everyone!
I was wondering if I could get some suggested reasons on why Japan should not be rearmed for a Uni assignment? When the question was first put to me I though 'sure as heck they shouldnt be rearmed!' but then I discovered that I can only think of a few reasons why not. So far I have come up with problems such as destableising the region, the possibilitiy of a regional arms race, historical reasons, but Im not sure how far feteched they may be. So please I welcome anyones input, but just only reasons against rearmament, not for.

Thanks!

(oh and Im not trying to discuss the political attributes of it either)

Supe

@abramsteve

You want us to do your homework for you?

'They shouldn't be rearmed'

What does that even mean given they already posess a potent Airforce/Navy and a standing army.

abramsteve

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Supe said:
@abramsteve

You want us to do your homework for you?

'They shouldn't be rearmed'

What does that even mean given they already posess a potent Airforce/Navy and a standing army.
If you would that would be great!!! ;) Nah I dont want you to do it for me, Im just looking for suggestions.

Supe said:
Well I wondered that my self to be honest, but I think its more to do with reamergence of Militarialism in Japan, and yes, whilst they do posess a powerful military, Im looking for reasons why they shouldnt be allowed to deploy 'armed' forces overseas.

scraw

abramsteve said:
If you would that would be great!!! ;) Nah I dont want you to do it for me, Im just looking for suggestions.

Well I wondered that my self to be honest, but I think its more to do with reamergence of Militarialism in Japan, and yes, whilst they do posess a powerful military, Im looking for reasons why they shouldnt be allowed to deploy 'armed' forces overseas.
You are aware of their ongoing deployment to Iraq?

Lanz0r

Those are medics and engineers I belive, apperantly, they're not alowed to deploy combat-centric troops.

And I belive Japan withdrew.

Snayke

Perhaps you should research some political aspect of it. Do Japan actually recognise their wrongdoing in World War 2, and if they do, why do they whitewash their history books when their teachers are opposed to the whitewashing? There was a big fuss last year about Japan's newly approved history books from South Korea and China.

ADD: Also, Japan were demanding land back from Russia and South Korea, land which they took by force within the last 110 years a while ago. Of course they did not get it, but it shows you some hidden intentions if they were to fully reach their military capabilities. It may show that they have not lost all of their expansionist ideals.

norinco89

This only proves one thing. The Japs are evil.

Their defence force is better than most countries' standing armys. Why does Japan even have a army.

Anyone hear about the japs wanting to weaponize the space.

Supe

norinco89 said:
This only proves one thing. The Japs are evil.

Anyone hear about the japs wanting to weaponize the space.
This is the wrong forum for jingoistic nonsense.

norinco89 said:
Their defence force is better than most countries' standing armys. Why does Japan even have a army.
Why does any nation have a defence force? Does Japan not have legitimate interest in looking after its sovereignty and interests?

Last edited:

norinco89

i dont think so.

Cnn.com is not nonsense. It said that the Japanese minister of defence is considering weaponizing space.

I will get the link in a sec.

True but still there is a line between a defence force to standing army.

In WWII hitler had a strong "defence force". Look what happened.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro

This thread has breached multiple forum rules on respect and posting content.

It's closed folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.