American A-10 Crashes , Pliot Safe

Destroyer

US plane goes down in Iraq, pilot safe:
Centcom - AS SAYLIYA CAMP, April 8: A U.S A-10 "Warthog" plane went down near Baghdad Airport today but the pilot was safely rescued, Central Command war headquarters said in a statement. "The pilot ejected safely from the aircraft and was recovered by Coalition ground forces near the airport. The pilot is reported to be in good condition," the statement said.

www.dawn.com

ullu

Some news agencies are very out of touch with whats really happening there. I heard some saying that "iraq shot down american plan for the FIRST Time..." cowards can't even take losses really well! :!:

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
A-10

Probably the same news agencies that reported coalition forces were losing the war and would face fierce battles in Baghdad :)

The A-10 can take an incredible amount of damage and remain flight worthy, a testament to whatever weapon system brought it down.

kilo_4que

Yeah but gremlin, on the contrary it could be true. Although the Warthog, which I am a great fanatic of is very dangerous and extremely manouverable which many dont regard it as being capable of, it can still be shot down as it is machinery.

Luk at the F-117, that was supposed to have been invinsable, but still got shot down.

ullu

Re: A-10

Gremlin29 said:
Probably the same news agencies that reported coalition forces were losing the war and would face fierce battles in Baghdad :)
That news agency was NeoConservative (extremists) Radio affiliated with CNN! :)

Gremlin29

Super Moderator
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
CNN?

Hehehehe The Communist News Network! I should have known!

I agree, the A-10 is a fantastic and fascinating aircraft. I would be interested in finding out what brought it down. I would rule simple small arms fire that's for sure. I have been aquainted with several A-10 and Ex A-10 aviators, they all love flying the Hog because it's the last of the stick and rudder planes in the Air Force. Of course the Air Force doesn't like it because it is low tech, relatively inexpensive, and dedicated to supporting ground pounders.

kamikazeranger

Banned Member
well theres a powerful anti-aircraft called the SA-3 GOA, but i highly doubt that thats what took it down seeing as how that was introduced in 1959 and it it now 2008 :D

kamikazeranger

Banned Member
No, but I do, & the request was addressed to me, not you. A little more politeness would be a good idea.

pji

Last edited by a moderator: