New escalation in Iranian nuclear issue?

pacificfree

The new deal on the 20th January between Russia and Iran means that S-300 missile systems could be shipped within months.

Already tension is mounting as Israel starts to consider early airstrikes before the new S-300 systems arrive.

Could the Israeli F-16i Sufa strike force deal with the S-300 system if it is operational?
Russia to deliver S-300 missile systems to Iran in 2015? Footage on youtube.

STURM

How the S-300s perform against an Israeli strike remains to be seen but we can safely assume that the Israelis will already have gained some intel on the system and will already have plans on how to deal with it. Israel might even strike before the S-300s are fully operational.

Of far more importance is what affects a strike on Iran will have on the region and ultimately the global economy. Iran would retaliate (with justification) and the U.S. (despite not being keen on more tensions in the region) would get involved; even if Iran did not attack any U.S targets. Apart from the economic fallout; an Israeli strike on Iran would have consequences in the Lebanon, Iraq and Syria, all places where Iranian cooperation would be useful - Iran and the West are fighting the same enemy in Iraq and Iran has great influence with Assad.

Bonza

Super Moderator
Staff member
The new deal on the 20th January between Russia and Iran means that S-300 missile systems could be shipped within months.

Already tension is mounting as Israel starts to consider early airstrikes before the new S-300 systems arrive.

Could the Israeli F-16i Sufa strike force deal with the S-300 system if it is operational?
Russia to deliver S-300 missile systems to Iran in 2015? Footage on youtube.
I'm sure the Israelis have the capability to give any IADS a run for its money, whether it's an S-300 or otherwise. But Sturm is right, the bigger picture is the most important factor in the whole thing.