Kosovo military Updates?

Fear the USA

I know that NATO maintains a defense force in Kosovo. But they cant do this forever. So I just want to know what the status of the new Kosovo defense corps is. Are they recruiting? Are they buying rifles, machine guns, etc... Are they going to have a Navy or Airforce. And are they purchasing any military vehicles (Tanks, APC, etc...)? Thankyou.

kato

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
The Kosovo Security Force? No navy, no airforce, no tanks and afaik no APCs. Couple hundred rifles and other light weapons, mostly donated by the US iirc.

regstrup

Kosovo is landlocked and has no direct acces to the sea, so a navy isen't really something they need.

They don't even have any large lakes, where even a small patrolboat could be practical ;)

Fear the USA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Kosovo Security Force? No navy, no airforce, no tanks and afaik no APCs. Couple hundred rifles and other light weapons, mostly donated by the US iirc.
Thanks, I knew that they are far off from getting a navy or airforce, and any heavy equipment. I just wanted to know if there were any plans.

Fear the USA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kosovo is landlocked and has no direct acces to the sea, so a navy isen't really something they need.

They don't even have any large lakes, where even a small patrolboat could be practical ;)

O yea duh, I didnt put much thought into the post. That makes me feel stupid.....lol. :eek:nfloorl:

stoker

Thanks, I knew that they are far off from getting a navy or airforce, and any heavy equipment. I just wanted to know if there were any plans.
Would it not be more practical for Kosovo to completely forego having a Military Force ( an Army & an Airforce ).
All Kosovo needs is a well trained and equipped Police Force with possibly a para-military/swat squad to deal with terrorist type incidents.
The U.N. would need to provide cast-iron guarantees to protect Kosovo's territorial integrity from outside forces.
Waba

Palnatoke

Banned Member
20-30 years from now, serbia and Kosova will be members of the EU and that's probably also the timeframe Nato or an other organisation will have to keep troops in Kosova.

Ibizan Hound

Banned Member
There were terror attacks in Kosovo last week. I think it was against Police or something. The Serbian fighters have lost their fighting spirit. They are pretty much in the same shape as Pakistan now. An occupied state.