Iran Iraq war-militant forces marching across middle east

Status
Not open for further replies.

long live usa

during the iran iraq war when iran started to launch massive suicide atacks and litterally started beating the iraqis useing those suicide waves America intervined because it was thought that iran would us this force(i think it was called the "ba-siege") to march all across the middle east i heavilly doubt that massive iranian suicide forces could topple such cuntries as syria,jordan,or isreal all of these guys are armed to the teeth!!,well the point of the thread is do you guys think the iranians could/could not march across the middle east if America had not intervined

long live usa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big-E said:
Why would Iran march across the Middle-East?:confused: Iraq started the war.
well iraq was kicking the crap out of iran and nearly captured tehran until in one of the dumbest actions ever sadam stoped his army for no reason!!!giving iran enough time to start dfafting "ba-siege"these guys had no weapons (besides a koran) and believe it or not they started to push back the iraqis then the ayattolah komani(think i got that right:confused: ) was alledgedly planning on using this force to march across the middle east spreading "revelotionary islam" wich is why America started supplieing iraq with weapons turning the war into a stale mate thus that is why iran wanted to march across the middle east

Big-E

Banned Member
long live usa said:
well iraq was kicking the crap out of iran and nearly captured tehran until in one of the dumbest actions ever sadam stoped his army for no reason!!!giving iran enough time to start dfafting "ba-siege"these guys had no weapons (besides a koran) and believe it or not they started to push back the iraqis then the ayattolah komani(think i got that right:confused: ) was alledgedly planning on using this force to march across the middle east spreading "revelotionary islam" wich is why America started supplieing iraq with weapons turning the war into a stale mate thus that is why iran wanted to march across the middle east
I don't think they could. They only way they could have succeded would have been to cause massive revolts in all the countries.

Big-E

Banned Member
According to the article Supe provided it looks like they are a little more than unarmed fanatics. It looks like there form of national guard with very little training and the only reason they join is to get into university and get time cut off their conscription. Not a very effective fighting force.:lol3

long live usa

Big-E said:
According to the article Supe provided it looks like they are a little more than unarmed fanatics. It looks like there form of national guard with very little training and the only reason they join is to get into university and get time cut off their conscription. Not a very effective fighting force.:lol3
there are over 7 milion of them serving now,there was waves so massive of them during that war that they looked like a sea of humans,and so many brain washed children died in that war:( they were bound together by rope and charged iraqi positions and to see this in a modern war is strange indeed,of course the leaders capitalized on this and erected a "fountain that flowed with there blood"in tehran

Rich

First off you need to go back and study the Iraq/Iran war. The Iraqis did everything wrong a modern mechanized army can do. There is nothing to compare against the American army. Not in weapons, tactics, intelligence, mobility. Nothing!

Saddam didn't "stop" his army as much as his army was simply incapable of sustaining offensive operations. You saw another variation of it in the Gulf wars, as you did in the Arab/Israeli wars. Lets face it! The Arabs don't understand modern war. They seem to have never learned how to use the sights of their tanks nor to deploy them as blitzkrieg offensive assets.

And neither does someone who thinks 10 millions Iranians are going to stand up and just start marching, like The Children of the Corn, across the Middle East leaving a swath of destruction in their wake. Youve seen to many movies. Even infantry heavy armies have to be armed, supplied, Led, supported....ect Which means they have a weak link we can severe.

But lets go with this Children of the Corn scenario for a moment. Remember The Highway of Death? Imagine such a barrage against humans with pitchforks/AKs? The American air forces are so dominating they will fly over the battlefield at will. The fact is such a wave will probably never even get within rifle range, If! It even knows where our forces are in the first place. And every other resource Iran has that lets it function as a modern country would be annihilated as well. Including its leadership! And there is no "safety in the night" for infantry like in the Korean war. If anything we prefer to fight in the night. We can see. They cant!

Such a peoples mob might have relevance If another country invaded the place but no-one is even considering that. Why should we be so stupid? It would be far easier to level the place. To be fair Iranian regulars and irregulars fought with great bravery during their war with Iraq.

Long Live USA, among your other inconsistencies, this war was primarily a border war. The Iraqis never got close to Tehran and never seriously threatened it. I have some good resources about the war if you'd like to read them before you posted again.

long live usa

Rich said:
First off you need to go back and study the Iraq/Iran war. The Iraqis did everything wrong a modern mechanized army can do. There is nothing to compare against the American army. Not in weapons, tactics, intelligence, mobility. Nothing!

Saddam didn't "stop" his army as much as his army was simply incapable of sustaining offensive operations. You saw another variation of it in the Gulf wars, as you did in the Arab/Israeli wars. Lets face it! The Arabs don't understand modern war. They seem to have never learned how to use the sights of their tanks nor to deploy them as blitzkrieg offensive assets.

And neither does someone who thinks 10 millions Iranians are going to stand up and just start marching, like The Children of the Corn, across the Middle East leaving a swath of destruction in their wake. Youve seen to many movies. Even infantry heavy armies have to be armed, supplied, Led, supported....ect Which means they have a weak link we can severe.

But lets go with this Children of the Corn scenario for a moment. Remember The Highway of Death? Imagine such a barrage against humans with pitchforks/AKs? The American air forces are so dominating they will fly over the battlefield at will. The fact is such a wave will probably never even get within rifle range, If! It even knows where our forces are in the first place. And every other resource Iran has that lets it function as a modern country would be annihilated as well. Including its leadership! And there is no "safety in the night" for infantry like in the Korean war. If anything we prefer to fight in the night. We can see. They cant!

Such a peoples mob might have relevance If another country invaded the place but no-one is even considering that. Why should we be so stupid? It would be far easier to level the place. To be fair Iranian regulars and irregulars fought with great bravery during their war with Iraq.

Long Live USA, among your other inconsistencies, this war was primarily a border war. The Iraqis never got close to Tehran and never seriously threatened it. I have some good resources about the war if you'd like to read them before you posted again.
WHAT!!! never did i say that the iranian waves would be effective!!!your post seems to tell that i think the iranian wave could topple goverments read my first post on this topic fool!!,my user name should make clear that i think the American armed forces are the very powerful!!,did i ever say those waves would get in rifle range?!?!,in prior post i was just giving a number on the ba siege,and how unfortunate it was that all off the children died,i have never watched children of the corn,but the first sentance you typed made it sound like i was oblivious to american power!!!!in my first post on this topic i said they could not march across the middle east!!!!!i know about how they could not hide in the night did you think i posted this?!?!?!?!?,also i said they looked like a sea of humans but did i say they could be effective?!?!!?!?!so big "Rich"i suggest you read the hole thread before you post, RTFTAH!

Last edited:

Scorpius

"ba siege"=massive iranian suicide wave a koran=islamic bible
they do???I was taught treating the Koran that way is forbidden.
anyways these Basij paramilitary forces consist of more than 10 million troops .Why are they then commanded by a Brigadier General?why not a full General?Weird according to me.

Big-E

Banned Member
long live usa said:
WHAT!!! never did i say that the iranian waves would be effective!!!your post seems to tell that i think the iranian wave could topple goverments read my first post on this topic fool!!,my user name should make clear that i think the American armed forces are the very powerful!!,did i ever say those waves would get in rifle range?!?!,in prior post i was just giving a number on the ba siege,and how unfortunate it was that all off the children died,i have never watched children of the corn,but the first sentance you typed made it sound like i was oblivious to american power!!!!in my first post on this topic i said they could not march across the middle east!!!!!i know about how they could not hide in the night did you think i posted this?!?!?!?!?,also i said they looked like a sea of humans but did i say they could be effective?!?!!?!?!so big "Rich"i suggest you read the hole thread before you post, RTFTAH!
To Rich: He said "if America had not intervened" so your children of the corn scenerio can go right back to the field wence it came.:p:

To LLUSA: Chill out bud! No reason to call the guy a fool and exclamation point him to death. Just tell him to read the thread before he responds with nonsense.:cool:

long live usa

Big-E said:
To Rich: He said "if America had not intervened" so your children of the corn scenerio can go right back to the field wence it came.:p:

To LLUSA: Chill out bud! No reason to call the guy a fool and exclamation point him to death. Just tell him to read the thread before he responds with nonsense.:cool:
yes Rich my first reaction after reading your post was to vomit:mryuk ,you made it sound like i thought those iranian waves were unbeatable,never did i say that they could amount to anything more than a pile sand with legs,so i advise you to read the entire thread before you post,but i do agree with you that America has the most well trained and armed fighting force in the world:usa

csite

The iranian basij are now fully armed and semi trained!

Here is a video of basij training

http://media.putfile.com/basij-training-iran

Iran has at least 5-6 million REAL basijis, most from rural areas of iran who tend to be very religious and pro regime, these guys would easily jump under a tank for iran!

An armed basij with such ideologies are extremely effective against any conventional force (except nukes).

Basij is a pretty hard force to stop.

suryaaa

will america attack iran if they go on with their nuke project,considering their current situation i dont think that it will be easier . yes their is terrorist element in iran .but in order to hold them back us have to get international help .will they get it.:confused:

Big-E

Banned Member
The only thing the US is in a postiton to do is launch air strikes.

The basij are nothing more than conscript reservists who go thru bootcamp. They have no air, artillery, tank or mechanized support since Iran doesn't have enough to equip them. They have no and I mean NO offensive capabilities against a modern military, except cannon fodder. Their real strength lies as insurgency fighters. Many have been killed in Iraq so we can see how they fight.

Rich

long live usa said:
I did read all your posts and came to the conslusion you dont know what your talking about. Iraq never came close to Tehran, never threatened it with anything but the occasional air raid. Saddam didn't "stop his army", the Iranians did. And if you think "the Iranians had no weapons" or that it was un-armed children that pushed back the Iraqis you are living in La'La Land.

You further descend into ignorance with your statement, " was alledgedly planning on using this force to march across the middle east spreading "revelotionary islam" wich is why America started supplying iraq with weapons turning the war into a stale mate thus that is why Iran wanted to march across the middle east". America provided Iraq with NO! weapons. We sold Saddam unarmed helicopters and jeeps while providing him with some satellite intelligence. Thats it! France and the Soviets were Iraqs major arms suppliers. We sold Iran more arms then we did Iraq, "Iran/Contra".

For a youngster who takes the name , "LongLiveUSA", you certainly have no problem implying this, "America made Saddam", nonsense that has spread thruout the world. America had nothing to do with "making Saddam". Saddam murdered his way to power while riding the Baathist Political wave that spread thru the Arabic world in the 60's and 70's.

We had nothing to do with it. Iraq under Saddam was a client state of the Soviets and we did not arm them during their war with Iran. So please read your history before you open your yap kid. Your boring me.:sleepy3

Big-E

Banned Member
Rich said:
I did read all your posts and came to the conslusion you dont know what your talking about.

You further descend into ignorance with your statement, " was alledgedly planning on using this force to march across the middle east spreading "revelotionary islam" wich is why America started supplying iraq with weapons turning the war into a stale mate thus that is why Iran wanted to march across the middle east". America provided Iraq with NO! weapons. We sold Saddam unarmed helicopters and jeeps while providing him with some satellite intelligence. Thats it! France and the Soviets were Iraqs major arms suppliers. We sold Iran more arms then we did Iraq, "Iran/Contra".

For a youngster who takes the name , "LongLiveUSA", you certainly have no problem implying this, "America made Saddam", nonsense that has spread thruout the world. America had nothing to do with "making Saddam". Saddam murdered his way to power while riding the Baathist Political wave that spread thru the Arabic world in the 60's and 70's.

We had nothing to do with it. Iraq under Saddam was a client state of the Soviets and we did not arm them during their war with Iran. So please read your history before you open your yap kid. Your boring me.:sleepy3
Bro, are you retarded? You said you read his posts yet no where does he state or imply that America "made Saddam." Just b/c he doesn't know the battle history of the Iran/Iraq war doesn't make him Sean Penn. I suggest you learn how to read a thread before you go around insulting people. If he's boring you put him on ignore just like you did all of his posts you supposedly read. This is the second time in this thread you have misrepresented his statements implying that he has a low opinion of the US and her military. The only thing I hate worse than somene twisting someone's words to call them unpatriotic is well, NOTHING. If anyone hates America I think it's you, you come on here trying to bash a kid who loves his country and his military by distorting the facts. This shows that you are quick to judge and will lie to make your point. WTF, you sound like Bush... Sorry GW!

Status
Not open for further replies.