G'day

111Lover

Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. I'm 23, an absolute military aviation freak and have a healthy obsession for the the F-111, (and no I'm not a Carlo Kopp follower. ;) While I do agree with some of his articles for upgrading the F-111, i.e. replacing TF-30s with GE-F-110 and intergrating JDAMs, I don't let my love for the old bird get in the way for what's right for the national security of our great nation).
Now, I'm wondering since most of you seem to be industry professionals, will I fit in here? I mean, while I consider myself knowledgeable on military and aviation matters, I'm just a amatuer, and the inside knowledge some of you display blows me away. In-fact, I find this site very informative. An excellent example is when gf (I think), said that Lockheed Martin and the USAF assured as we would be able to buy the F-22 if it emerged as the victor in the AIR 6000. I found it both surprising and very informative.
So, thankyou to the mods for creating such a great board and Hello. :)

Last edited:
A

Aussie Digger

111Lover said:
Just wanted to introduce myself and ask a question. I'm 23, an absolute military aviation freak and have a healthy obsession for the the F-111, (and no I'm not a Carlo Kopp follower. ;) While I do agree with some of his articles for upgrading the F-111, i.e. replacing TF-30s with GE-F-110 and intergrating JDAMs, I don't let my love for the old bird get in the way for what's right for the national security of our great nation).
Now, I'm wondering since most of you seem to be industry professionals, will I fit in here? I mean, while I consider myself knowledgeable on military and aviation matters, I'm just a amatuer, and the inside knowledge some of you display blows me away. In-fact, I find this site very informative. An excellent example is when gf (I think), said that Lockheed Martin and the USAF assured as we would be able to buy the F-22 if it emerged as the victor in the AIR 6000. I found it both surprising and very informative.
So, thankyou to the mods for creating such a great board and Hello. :)
Yeah mate you'll be fine. Just remember to keep an open mind. Kopp and his ilk, unfortunately do not, and quoting him as "gospel" will not win many friends around here...

I say this not to put you off, but to warn you. Quoting him is fine as he is knowledgeable and often makes a GREAT deal of sense. However, he is not the repository of ALL knowledge and there are others who DO actually have a clue, who often present quite a contrary argument...

Anyhoo hang around a bit and you'll no doubt see many discussions that interest you, as they do many others.

Cheers

AD.

111Lover

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks mate.
Yeah mate you'll be fine. Just remember to keep an open mind. Kopp and his ilk, unfortunately do not, and quoting him as "gospel" will not win many friends around here...
I don't doubt it! :D As I said, I love the Pig but I don't let that "love" colour my arguments. The JSF may not be perfect, but it was the best thing available at the time.

Snayke

Heck, I'm no expert in military matters and I'm 17 but I don't feel out of place here. I do take part in some discussions, but usually not technical discussions. :p

abramsteve

Yeah mate this is a good place to discuss and learn. Lots of Aussies (all ways a good thing) and Aussie related topics. I too am an Aviation nut, love the 111's (I swear I could feel that jolt yesterday!) but have an unhealthy love for Iowa class battlewagons! Anyways enjoy! :)

.pt

Wasn´t there a forced landing by a 111 yesterday? Think i saw something on tv.Is that the jolt you refer?
.pt