Big fat paycheck for Iraq war?

dioditto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wellllllll.... does the iraqi government have a choice in selecting other alternatives?...

Big-E

Banned Member
dioditto said:
Well.... does the iraqi government have a choice in selecting other alternatives?...
Considering they are buying Russian Mi helos I don't see why you are asking these questions... it was in the article.:eek:

dioditto

Big-E said:
Considering they are buying Russian Mi helos I don't see why you are asking these questions... it was in the article.:eek:
Pardon me, I miss that one in the mountain of american made weapons...hehe :)

WASHINGTON: The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Iraq of helicopters, vehicles, weapons and support as well as associated equipment and services.
Also, why does the congress needs to okay the sales of helicopter that's not made by americans?.. Not unless it is implied that it's american made?

Big-E

Banned Member
dioditto said:
Also, why does the congress needs to okay the sales of helicopter that's not made by americans?.. Not unless it is implied that it's american made?
As the article said they are also buying Hueys and Jet-Rangers. The Congress must approve all arms transfers.

dioditto

Big-E said:
As the article said they are also buying Hueys and Jet-Rangers. The Congress must approve all arms transfers.

No, but why the congress need to approve the "20 Mi-17 Troop Transport Helicopters"? Isn't that the concern of Russian Government's not the US ??

Big-E

Banned Member
dioditto said:
No, but why the congress need to approve the "20 Mi-17 Troop Transport Helicopters"? Isn't that the concern of Russian Government's not the US ??
The US congress does not approve the Mi-17s. If you noticed in the article it said above the list the Iraqi government requested it. The US does not decide what Iraq must buy. They have a government now. Obviously they will buy mostly American because it is the best. But as shown in this article they have the right to buy whatever they want. It is as clear as day, I think you just don't want to see it.:goodbad

contedicavour

The Iraqi armed forces have been re-equipped with American or Western equipment as of Day one (mostly for free), so it comes as no surprise that further procurement is designed to maintain some coherence : mixing too many sources complicates training, maintenance and interoperability...

Eventually Iraq will revert to cheaper sources for heavier equipment (MBTs for instance)...

cheers

atilla

so much????

as far as ı know ıraqs populatıon must me lıke 18 million but wowwww every one sells them weapons saddam bought for ıraq ıran war from russıa and US and also from some EU countrıes after gulf war they buy from chına and russıa now they buy from US agaın as long as ı know my self Iraq buys weapons ....... how abour brıngıng real democracy ??????? to ıraq===)))) ı dıd not see fredom ın that lıst whıch army needs them ???? ın ıraq????? defeated repeblıcan gards???? they wıll be better soldıer ıf they use US equıpment ınstead of AKs??? glock????? snıper rıfels???or they were good troops equıpment was bad=???? :DDDD

dioditto

Big-E said:
The US congress does not approve the Mi-17s. If you noticed in the article it said above the list the Iraqi government requested it. The US does not decide what Iraq must buy. They have a government now. Obviously they will buy mostly American because it is the best. But as shown in this article they have the right to buy whatever they want. It is as clear as day, I think you just don't want to see it.:goodbad
I was merely asking for clarification, don't need to get antsy :)
Why do I not want to see it? I like to see a truely free (from foreign influence), democratic iraqi government as much as the next person.