Australian Defence Minister Resigns

uuname

Joel Fitzgibbon has resigned his position as Minister for Defence.

Fitzgibbon resigns as Defence Minister - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Fitzgibbon defenceless against 'Judas' staff - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

There have been a couple of breaches of the code of conduct, but also rumours that his own department conspired against him.

As far as I can tell, there's no indication of actual wrongdoing or corruption so the abrupt exit is somewhat unexpected.

I can't help but think the public is not getting the full story here, and I think that is a worry. On the other hand, I suppose he might just want to make sure the government doesn't run the risk of looking 'dirty'.

teldan09

Joel Fitzgibbon has resigned his position as Minister for Defence.

Fitzgibbon resigns as Defence Minister - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Fitzgibbon defenceless against 'Judas' staff - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

There have been a couple of breaches of the code of conduct, but also rumours that his own department conspired against him.

As far as I can tell, there's no indication of actual wrongdoing or corruption so the abrupt exit is somewhat unexpected.

I can't help but think the public is not getting the full story here, and I think that is a worry. On the other hand, I suppose he might just want to make sure the government doesn't run the risk of looking 'dirty'.
Well, i don't know much about looking 'dirty'...
But the whole thing doesn't smell very good.
Even if his own department conspired against him, they probably had reason to do so.

========================================
best defence archives and open source intelligence
Defense-archive