Uae Seeks Pakistan Bms

adsH

UAE SEEKS PAKISTAN BMS

LONDON [MENL] -- The United Arab Emirates been discussing a major project that would deliver a Pakistani battle management system to Abu Dhabi's ground forces.

Industry sources said the UAE Army and Islamabad have been negotiating to acquire a Pakistani BMS that would link main battle tanks, armored personnel carriers and combat vehicles in Abu Dhabi's military. The sources said the system would be capable of forming a network comprised of a range of Western platforms in the UAE land forces and would not require the purchase of Pakistani military platforms.

The Pakistani system was identified as the Integrated Battlefield Management System. The network was meant to link armored forces and provide them with situational awareness and identity friend, foe capability.

The sources said the Pakistani system was not as advanced as Western networks and could not be regarded as network-centric warfare. The system was said to employ Very High and Ultra High Frequency radio communications, with each vehicle capable of serving as a relay.

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2005/january/01_03_1.html

Hmm this obviously has to do with the fact that Outsourced Pakistani Military would be managing and operateing the System, and i'm sure, the System Specs and technology would be shared and developed together.

mysterious

Ofcourse it is not as advanced as some of the western systems that are out there (of major military equipment makers) as Pakistan has just got 'started' with this. This is the first version of this system introduced (which means that obviously, upgrades and further enhancements would continue) and therefore, it can be expected to lack the edge that other experienced systems have. Still, I get the feeling, within a couple of years 'network-centric warfare' capability would be available to the Pakistani armed forces.

adsH

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
this system meets the requirements of the Pak Forces, other wise they would of been procuring other systems. Upgrades will be based on what the requirements dictate.

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
UAE & Saudi Arabia will buy any thing Pakistan inducts in its army specialy the land forces, regardless of which country has developed it. I wounder would UAE & KSA will ever learn a military Knwo how.
Anyways the system is not bad. Some say its "B"-Class (& I dont knw what B Class is, probably grading). Its good enough for Pakistani army hence it is good enough for UAE & KSA. KSA is already using Pakistan Al-Khalid tanks therefore they will buy it in nere future while as UAE has bought the BMS this indicates that they too might buy Al-Khalid some time in future.

mysterious

adsH said:
The sources said the system would be capable of forming a network comprised of a range of Western platforms in the UAE land forces and would not require the purchase of Pakistani military platforms.
I think you overlooked that part of the new report Sabre! Its not necessary for UAE to buy any Pakistani platforms as this system is compatible with the ones that UAE currently has. :cool:

SABRE

Super Moderator
Verified Defense Pro
mysterious said:
I think you overlooked that part of the new report Sabre! Its not necessary for UAE to buy any Pakistani platforms as this system is compatible with the ones that UAE currently has. :cool:
:wink: Yeah, I guess I did. Ooops silly me.

Which tanks does UAE has any ways ??

Red aRRow

Forum Bouncer
I think UAE has a couple of hundred French Leclerc tanks. But as far as I know they come with their own Battle Field Management system from Giat Industries (the manufacturer) which is called FINDERS (Fast Information, Navigation, Decision and Reporting System)

FINDERS includes a colour map display which shows the positions of the host tank, allied and hostile forces and designated targets and can be used for route and mission planning.

The French Army has selected Giat to equip its Leclerc main battle tanks with a Terminal Information System (TIS) called Icone (Ergonomic Communications and Navigation Interface). The initial phase of the contract covers the equipment of more than 100 Leclerc tanks, with entry into service to start in 2003. The TIS has been developed together with EADS Defense Electronics Systems. It permits the exchange of digitised data including tactical situation and the graphic orders displayed on a background map, between the vehicle and higher level command.
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/leclerc/

So either this news is a load of lies OR UAE must have recently purchased or is looking forward to purchasing some other armoured vehicles.
By the way have you guys seen the BMS used in the Al Khalid tank? It's called Rehber and is jointly made by HIT and a private defence manufacturer. So most probably the BMS to be exported will be related to the Rehber software. I'll try to get a screen shot if possible.

umair

Peace Enforcer
Actually the paper seems to have understated the capabilities of Rahbar.
I've already posted this snippet sometime ago here somewhere that this BMS though obviously not as advanced as western systems, still delivers compareable performance and since it's new we can expect improved versions to follow.
I also mentioned that it can also be integrated with our gunship choppers, though there are no plans of doing it at this moment.

adsH

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Umair can you find out if this software runs on a distributed network i.e. uses centralized software it seams to be very flimsy, if I can say anything.