Possible defences of our country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrams 2.0

I believe that our country( for those who live in the U.S), is at great risk from the Religious radicals who believe in suicide bombing. While we are constantly coming up with new ways to detect and disable explosive munitions, the enemies of this country(and there are a great many), are constantly developing ways to get around our bomb detection/disposal units. So, my suggestion goes as thus. Military bomb disposal/detection technology and methods should be made available to all avenues of entrance to this country. that way, they will be able to detect most bomb/carrying vehicles or personnel. Also, i believe the Border Patrol, Air Ports, etc should work in conjunction with military intelligence, albeit a very specific branch of military intelligence dedicated specificallyto discovering new methods the enemy might use to get around our B.D/D.D(bomb detection/disposal devices).
Also, in preperation for what may come to pass, we should lay mines on the roads leading in and out of our country, that can only be activated from a sealed security booth. So that if we catch illegal smugglers and they refuse to stop, we can activate the mines and destroy them, preventing the spread of supplies to possible terrorist cells in our own country. I believe this would be the equivalent of kicking said cells in the crotch:nutkick

thanks for reading, i will appreciate any and all posts.:D

Rythm

Im no expert on US Law but i wonder if it is legal to kill a person who simply tries to enter the US. Most likely not.

The cost of such a minefiled would be immense. Also, a minefiled that has no surveillance is easily lifted, as history shows. Example: The Cordon Sanitaire in Rhodesia. Even if said minefield is only employed on roads to/from the US, there is still a huge cost. And it wouldnt be that hard to smuggle items into america by air or sea. Criminals do this very often, just think of the amount of narcotics in the US.

A

Aussie Digger

I believe that our country( for those who live in the U.S), is at great risk from the Religious radicals who believe in suicide bombing. While we are constantly coming up with new ways to detect and disable explosive munitions, the enemies of this country(and there are a great many), are constantly developing ways to get around our bomb detection/disposal units. So, my suggestion goes as thus. Military bomb disposal/detection technology and methods should be made available to all avenues of entrance to this country. that way, they will be able to detect most bomb/carrying vehicles or personnel. Also, i believe the Border Patrol, Air Ports, etc should work in conjunction with military intelligence, albeit a very specific branch of military intelligence dedicated specificallyto discovering new methods the enemy might use to get around our B.D/D.D(bomb detection/disposal devices).
Relax. They do. Unfortunately are you go to place bomb disposal units along the entire length of your land and sea borders? I suggest you check a map and work out what those distances are if you think it's a realistic proposition...

Also, in preperation for what may come to pass, we should lay mines on the roads leading in and out of our country, that can only be activated from a sealed security booth. So that if we catch illegal smugglers and they refuse to stop, we can activate the mines and destroy them, preventing the spread of supplies to possible terrorist cells in our own country. I believe this would be the equivalent of kicking said cells in the crotch:nutkick

If you've got a sealed security booth, why not simply man a sniper in each one and equip him with a 12.7mm anti-materiel weapon to take out the vehicle they are driving?

Start planting mines and you'll start losing kids, animals, farmers etc and you'll provide potential terrorists with a very convenient method of obtaining high explosives...

Perhaps some more thought on this idea could be in order?

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro

Right now our country is doing a pretty job taking care of us, how many additional attacks have occurred after 911, how many sleeper cells have been disrupted, it is totally amazing to me the amount of people in our country that are shocked that we have become a target for terrorism, the Europeans have been dealing with this for how many years now on their own soil, welcome to the real world my friend, it is not going to get any better but worst. With modern technology there is no reason to make the U.S look like a fortress with land mines and machine gun nests at our borders, it is much better to track these scoundrels with in our country so that we can get a look at the whole picture so that all parties involved in doing harm to us can be taken out or detained. Believe in our government, they do know what they are doing regardless on what the liberals say.

Grand Danois

Entertainer
I'd say a deep zone with signs featuring Rosie O'Donnel and a "Welcome to the USA" would do the trick. The only problem is the state of the people actually making it through. :shudder

suddendeath

hello first of i would would begin by saying that mines are strictley discouraged by UN many countries have signed a contract to ban further use.Also there would be other factors like animals looking for grazing grounds and wandering children setting them off.this would bring the US in bad light and would give another thing to cry about to the cells in the US
bye and sorry for any insult

lobbie111

The US IMS (Intelligent Munitions Systerm) and the UGS (Unmanned GOrund Sonsors should be able to provide good, coverage with minimal incidents

Sea Toby

Have you seen the traffic crossing the border? And you want to mine the roads leading to the border? Sorry, that won't happen. You might see a fence, nothing more. Of course, wire cutters sold in every hardware store make a fence useless.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Have you seen the traffic crossing the border? And you want to mine the roads leading to the border? Sorry, that won't happen. You might see a fence, nothing more. Of course, wire cutters sold in every hardware store make a fence useless.
And the majority of people that are crossing over are men and women with children who are just looking for a better life for their family. It would be terrible to have one of them injured or killed.

DefConGuru

The U.S. is at greater risk from its leaders/deranged citizens like the topic starter than a whole platoon of suicide bombers ever will be. If you think that mining your borders and executing people without a fair trial is the way to go, you are not for security you are for the rape of humanity, and sooner or later prison might be your reality.

lobbie111

The projectiles do not need to be lethal even using paintballs or microdots, then they can be tracked and then aprehended not lethal grenades.

A

Aussie Digger

The US IMS (Intelligent Munitions Systerm) and the UGS (Unmanned GOrund Sonsors should be able to provide good, coverage with minimal incidents
This entire thread is ridiculous. Short of sealing your borders against any movements in or out and slaughtering any who attempt to cross them, which is ridiculous in the extreme, not to mention, insane, there is NO way to prevent "terrorists" from entering ones borders.

Mindsets such as the one which started this thread will go further towards encouraging terrorism than anything else I can think of.

Thinking that you can stop "terrorism" by killing all those who might contemplate it, will go further towards giving persons a cause to take up then anything else I can think of.

I personally think this ridiculous thread has been opened far too long. Consider it closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.