Osorio EE-T1 Comeback?

camilo

Does anyone know about this?
Last i heard in 2003 the brazilian army acquired the last 2 remaining EE-T1 MBT's for research.

FSMonster

I would love to see this tank resurrected, however, it needs some major redesign work if it's to compete with current tanks imho.
If it's left as in its original configuration, it presents a neat medium tank with good, accurate firepower and mobility but weak armor.

They need to widen the body slightly and add armor and maybe bigger engine.

I'm surprised other countries, such as Turkey didn't buy the license and make it. Maybe the Saudi's will reconsider this tank now that they're sick of buying $8 billion dollars worth of American equipment in the past contracts...

Possibly because its main components are not Brazilian: engine, suspension - American; FCS - Belgian; gun - French.

Engesa aparently developed indigineous flavor of composite armor but I have idea how effective it might have been.

eckherl

The Bunker Group
Verified Defense Pro
Does anyone know about this?
Last i heard in 2003 the brazilian army acquired the last 2 remaining EE-T1 MBT's for research.
With Saudi Arabia backing out of the deal, didn`t the company that designed it go out of business many years ago, if after research they decide to produce it for the Brazilian Army, who will do this and why, you have countries like Germany who are willing to sell LEO2 series tanks at a good price.:)

Waylander

Defense Professional
Verified Defense Pro
That's the problem.
With all these surplus Leos from us, the netherlands, sweden and switzerland the market for tanks of the Leopard 2A4, M1A1, etc generation is a buyers market as it can get.