North Korea VS South Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majin-Vegeta

Banned Member
umm...for sure america would come to the rescue..but that would take a while, China might support and Japan..it seems it would be like 3 - 4 countries jumping one :S not fair lol.

but i dont think there should be a war unless america starts their laser nosing in system to try to get into the fight :p

A

Aussie Digger

No one. It would be an absolute massacre and end up in another useless stalement that would force everyone to the negoiating table. Where they should just go first. But politicians seem to be the one profession that never learns a damn thing.

elkaboingo

depends. if neither country get outside support, then NK will overun SK.

if you put in all the politics, USA would fund SK and give them weapons, turning the battle the other way.

Sodais

Yea without any support.....
I think South korea, would win this one, that is if the U.S dont jump in.

Military Korea, South
Military branches:
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, National Maritime Police (Coast Guard)
Military manpower - military age:
18 years of age (2003 est.)
Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 14,252,851 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 8,994,941 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - reaching military age annually:
males: 345,331 (2003 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure:
$13,094.3 million (FY02)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:
2.8% (FY02)

Military Korea, North
Military branches:
Korean People's Army (includes Army, Navy, Air Force), Civil Security Forces
Military manpower - military age:
18 years of age (2003 est.)
Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 6,103,615 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 3,654,223 (2003 est.)
Military manpower - reaching military age annually:
males: 180,875 (2003 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure:
$5,217.4 million (FY02)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP:
33.9% (FY02)

Check out the whole Info about Both of these countrys at

North korea:
http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/kn.html
South korea:
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ks.html

Snakecharmer

South Korea hands down, however South Korea would take some serious hurt from all of the North's arty, they got a crapload of long range heavy guns. However, if North Korea knew they were gonna lose they would prolly just nuke the south.

yutong chen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think you can avoid it, North Korea have no choice but to start a war, otherwise, their economy is going to 0%.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
China will have a major impact on this. I would imagine that China would be most unhappy if North Korea destablised the region. North Korea would lose the support of the only country that can influence a normalised re-entry back into east asia.

Any North Korean use of nukes would see a massive response and that would be outside of Chinas control.

The US clearly recognises that China is critical to managing the North Korean dilemna

Mujahid

well I think its a no win situation.

South Korea would suffer massiv damage even if the north koreans didnt use nuclear weapons.

Su_37

Well N.Korea has 4k Arlitry guns , which can pund 8000 k shells per min , i don;t think any force can stand in such a heavy bombarment.

Winter

Su_37 said:
Well N.Korea has 4k Arlitry guns , which can pund 8000 k shells per min , i don;t think any force can stand in such a heavy bombarment.
Perhaps the US 2nd Infantry Division just withdrawn out of range? Of course it will be bloody...And horrific...but I still don't think an opening artillery barrage of even that magnitude could literally pummel South Korea into submission. I'm sure the ROK have planned around this.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
The Sth Koreans and the US always acknowledged that the opening artillery barrage would result in massive losses, thats the reason why battlefield nukes are still part of the response mix.

xyhumanlee

I think china will desert king'sfamiles because of the constant trouble which north korea caused,but she will not desert north korea,because a united korea will be too powerful to controll.

sealsuby

I agree with you

xyhumanlee said:
I think china will desert king'sfamiles because of the constant trouble which north korea caused,but she will not desert north korea,because a united korea will be too powerful to controll.
I think china will absolutely take the chance to control the N Korean government again because of the significant impact on it.And on the base of the security of chinese north eastern part,she will prevent the US and Japanese being too close to Yalu river. :cop
As a chinese,I can not bear US stands on the land where PLA fighted and sacrificed 50 years ago.

血铸中华!

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
Re: I agree with you

sealsuby said:
xyhumanlee said:
I think china will absolutely take the chance to control the N Korean government again because of the significant impact on it.And on the base of the security of chinese north eastern part,she will prevent the US and Japanese being too close to Yalu river. :cop
As a chinese,I can not bear US stands on the land where PLA fighted and sacrificed 50 years ago.

血铸中华!
I would argue that Chinas patience with North Korea is somewhat "stretched". China is already experiencing some problems with North Koreans trying to cross over as they are still in famine. It is not something that China wants to continue. A belligerent North Korea will put back Chinas own development, it will also create a definite and distasteful political and military nexus point.

I don't see China and the US being engaged in Military action. There is far more to this than having a military outcome. A military outcome would turn North Korea into a glass plate, and unfortunately radiation doesn't stay within borders. China will contain North Korea as much as she can because North Korea jeopardises Chinas own 10 year plan for economic development.

A military engagement on the Yalu - or wherever else is not going to happen. Not if China and the US can avoid it. This is not 1950 anymore. The world has changed considerably, both China and the US are inextricably entwined economically - war will damage that.

This gets down to economics - not warfighting postures.

sealsuby

Re: I agree with you

gf0012 said:
sealsuby said:
xyhumanlee said:

血铸中华!
I would argue that Chinas patience with North Korea is somewhat "stretched". China is already experiencing some problems with North Koreans trying to cross over as they are still in famine. It is not something that China wants to continue. A belligerent North Korea will put back Chinas own development, it will also create a definite and distasteful political and military nexus point.

I don't see China and the US being engaged in Military action. There is far more to this than having a military outcome. A military outcome would turn North Korea into a glass plate, and unfortunately radiation doesn't stay within borders. China will contain North Korea as much as she can because North Korea jeopardises Chinas own 10 year plan for economic development.

A military engagement on the Yalu - or wherever else is not going to happen. Not if China and the US can avoid it. This is not 1950 anymore. The world has changed considerably, both China and the US are inextricably entwined economically - war will damage that.

This gets down to economics - not warfighting postures.
It is very wise of you to say so.Maybe I was too excited last night.It is so obvious that the NK`s crisis would slow or even disturb China`s economic development.It`s something that Chinese leaders must consider.But as you know,the NK is very very important to China.Every chinese can not bear that the NK`s government be overflown by the US.Of course,it is2004 now.But as chinese believed,they will prevent Taiwan from gaining independence at all cost(including economic development).Also, they can not lose the NK (It`s considered the eastern gate of China from 1949)as the friendship of Pakistan.

I have no idea what China`government will do when the war really break out in Korean.But I belive Chinese will not stand by.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
It is very wise of you to say so.Maybe I was too excited last night.It is so obvious that the NK`s crisis would slow or even disturb China`s economic development.It`s something that Chinese leaders must consider.But as you know,the NK is very very important to China.Every chinese can not bear that the NK`s government be overflown by the US.Of course,it is2004 now.But as chinese believed,they will prevent Taiwan from gaining independence at all cost(including economic development).Also, they can not lose the NK (It`s considered the eastern gate of China from 1949)as the friendship of Pakistan.

I have no idea what China`government will do when the war really break out in Korean.But I belive Chinese will not stand by.
Yes, Chinas committment to North Korea is identical to the USA's committment to South Korea. I think that in itself is one of the greater reasons as to why both powers will resist a slide into conflict. Chinas greatest strength is patience. If they remember that, then theTaiwanese problem will eventually resolve itself. Taiwan has already indicated that it will reunify, perhaps that needs to be after the last of the Kuomintang leaders have passed on . But patience is a virtue. Like Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan is a better solution if it comes across intact.

China is critical to the US negotiating a balanced outcome with North Korea.

sealsuby

Yes, Chinas committment to North Korea is identical to the USA's committment to South Korea. I think that in itself is one of the greater reasons as to why both powers will resist a slide into conflict. Chinas greatest strength is patience. If they remember that, then theTaiwanese problem will eventually resolve itself. Taiwan has already indicated that it will reunify, perhaps that needs to be after the last of the Kuomintang leaders have passed on . But patience is a virtue. Like Macau and Hong Kong, Taiwan is a better solution if it comes across intact.

In my opinion,Kuomintang(KMT)has faded and lost the popularity both in Mainland and in Taiwan.It betrayed the principal of "one China"recently.It is very sad.

gf0012-aust

Grumpy Old Man
Staff member
Verified Defense Pro
sealsuby said:

In my opinion,Kuomintang(KMT)has faded and lost the popularity both in Mainland and in Taiwan.It betrayed the principal of "one China"recently.It is very sad.
The old members of the Kuomintang are the last of a previous event in history. Patience and balanced judgment are the only ways for this to be resolved.

China has exercised patience before - it needs to do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.