New turkish tank !!???

deathomen

has anyone got info about this Turkish new tank !!??
i got the pix from another forum and unfortunately there wasn't a link...:(

jedigman

ITS AN CONCEPT ! cant you see its toy like ? :nutkick

----

Edit

The concept design looks like an beefed up K2.

Last edited:

dk706

Do you have a translation of the article or can you outline what it says?
Despite the advances and the technology that Turkish industry has acquired in resent years it seems quite unprobable that they would produce a completely new tank. I think there has been a quite lucrative offer for the co production of the K-2.... seems much more probable.

jedigman

There are many concept designs around one even looking like the M1, the Turkish tank will look like a K2 if not a direct copy.

deathomen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its a design option for the upcoming turkish mbt made by an academician from Mimar Sinan University.
but looks like the turkish army liked it cause its published in "armed forces magazine"

jedigman

After competing against the Leclerc and Leopard 2, the K2 is finally seeing its first export customer, Turkey. In June, 2007, South Korea and Turkey have successfully negotiated for an arms export deal contract worth KRW₩500,000,000,000 (approximately USD$540,000,000) which will license the design of the K2, as well as exporting 30 KT-1 trainer planes, to Turkey.

The license deal with Turkey includes the armor technology used on K2 that is to be incorporated to Turkey's own indigenous future main battle tank. Four prototypes are expected to be built by Otokar by 2010, with armaments and sub-systems being provided by ASELSAN and engine by MTU Friedrichshafen.
Turkish MBT will look like the K2 Black Panther

Yasin20

no it whont look totaly like the xk2 it will use the technology of the k2 tank but it will look different just like Firtina T55

s3kiz

How many varied subsystems does Aselsan envisage to use in the new Turkish tank? As far as I know there is only one complete control and electronics system Aselsan has developed for the new tank.

Now, considering that there will be a multitude of prototypes (4) to be built by Otokar will that mean those 4 prototypes will be 4 same samples of the one design or alternative structural designs with the same Aselsan subsystem for testing?

If the later is true than I would say we could see a new tank that is not only different in subsystems but also structurally different tank than the Korean K2BP. With the many different design ideas flying around civil and military defence/technology circles in Turkiye, the probability of a mainly indigenous design outcome seems very likely.

Cheers.

Atilla [TR]

I like what is happening in Turkey right now a huge defense industry is going to pop out, this should have happened years ago because Turkey spends $15 billion U.S dollars on there military and for years all that money went outside to U.S and Germany now it is time to spend it inside the country, when we build our own tanks other nations like Turkic ones east of Turkey will be interested because there inventory is old Soviet, tanks and they would love to have a Turkish option then Turkey can make up the development costs. Turkey should start building there own airplanes now because they have many aircraft engineers graduate every year and they just end up jobless or going to Airbus or one of the numerous American ones there is a group of them in the F-35 production (as I hear from various military people in Turkey) Turkey could gather them up, build an airplane to what they want, they could then export it to Turkic countries Pakistan, even Israel, Korea, Japan, Australia every nation that got shut in the face to buy the F-22, and then they could make up the development costs then they can even start on passenger airline airplanes. This should have happened in the early 90's, and this is just 2 different parts of the defense industry tanks and airplanes imagine the rest!

deathomen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Atilla [TR];135448 said:
I like what is happening in Turkey right now a huge defense industry is going to pop out, this should have happened years ago because Turkey spends $15 billion U.S dollars on there military and for years all that money went outside to U.S and Germany now it is time to spend it inside the country, when we build our own tanks other nations like Turkic ones east of Turkey will be interested because there inventory is old Soviet, tanks and they would love to have a Turkish option then Turkey can make up the development costs. Turkey should start building there own airplanes now because they have many aircraft engineers graduate every year and they just end up jobless or going to Airbus or one of the numerous American ones there is a group of them in the F-35 production (as I hear from various military people in Turkey) Turkey could gather them up, build an airplane to what they want, they could then export it to Turkic countries Pakistan, even Israel, Korea, Japan, Australia every nation that got shut in the face to buy the F-22, and then they could make up the development costs then they can even start on passenger airline airplanes. This should have happened in the early 90's, and this is just 2 different parts of the defense industry tanks and airplanes imagine the rest!
that is one impossible dream !!!!!!!! in order to do all of that you must have a strong economy and that is absent in turkey !!!!!

Atilla [TR]

that is one impossible dream !!!!!!!! in order to do all of that you must have a strong economy and that is absent in turkey !!!!!
Turkey GDP is last I heard 15th and Swedes who build the Gripen is some where in the late 20's and Turkey has a huge heavy industries sector that is growing everyday. They build the F-16 in Turkey and some parts are designed by Turkish companies, and these parts are better then the American counter parts. We are well prepared to build an airplane.

BilalK

It isn't impossible for Turkey to roll out a national stealth fighter...but it would not be able to design and produce it on its own in a short-span of time. One solution would be to enter a international joint-venture with air forces who may begin to seek stealth fighters in the next few years...i.e. Pakistan, Malaysia, Algeria, etc. Gather up the needed partners and exploit their strengths for the project...and seek out a large foreign supplier to provide engine, radar, airframe design expertise, etc. I suppose China would be a good source...CAC/SAC has experience with design, the Chinese have their WS-12 engine project, etc.

In fact...didn't Janes just report that Turkey and Pakistan signed a MoU that includes stealth design for aircraft to reduce RCS?

Yasin20

@ atilla [TR] maybe thats not the problem maybe the problemb is that we still have enemys to spend on to kill like the terrorist

jedigman

DATA LINK SYSTEM OF THE TURKISH UAV by SAVRONIK
A subcontract between TAI and SAVRONIK companies for the procurement of the Data Link System of the Turkish Indigenous MALE UAV was signed on 23May 2007.
source: http://www.defence-turkey.com/issue_details.php?issue_id=14
TAI AND AWC SIGNS A LETTER OF INTEND UNDER THE TURKISH INDIGENOUS MALE UAV
A letter of intend between TAI and Air Weapons Complex- Pakistan (AWC) was signed on 23 May 2007, the second day of the 8th International Defense Industry Fair (IDEF 2007) between 11:00-11:30 hours at TAI’s stand.
EADS UAV delights Turkish military

Turkey is interested in adopting the Advanced UAV to fulfil emerging requirements for a more capable medium- to high-altitude long-endurance UAV during the next decade.

The undersecretariat's UAV programme manager Demir Cigdemoglu says that "our strategy here is to have industrial collaboration and international co-operation. For that we are working with the German government for the Advanced UAV programme."
Speaking on 28 November at SMi's "The future of unmanned aerial vehicles" conference in London, he said: "We are trying to participate in that as government and as industry through Turkish Aerospace Industries."

The undersecretariat is also exploring options for launch of a new collaborative MALE-plus development effort involving several nations and industrial partners as a fallback strategy. That new platform could be focused around a new turboprop powerplant family being developed by Turkish Engine Industries.

"We have some other options we are also exercising," says Cigdemoglu. "We think that in this kind of large programme, maybe because of budgeting reasons, sometimes because of the technology-sharing reasons, we are definitely looking for international collaboration."

Turkey operates six General Atomics I-Gnats as the core of its existing strategic surveillance UAV capability. That is being augmented by a $183 million acquisition of 10 Israel Aerospace Industries Heron systems, with initial deliveries to occur early in 2008. The aircraft will be used principally to gather intelligence on the Kurdish rebel group, PKK, operating from northern Iraq. The Herons will be equipped with standard 100hp (75kW) Rotax gasoline engine, although IAI also offers a 180hp diesel.

Cigdemoglu says the Heron deal is being treated as an interim solution pending the development of Turkey's own MALE system midway through the next decade. The prime contractor for that indigenous effort is Turkish Aerospace Industries. A demonstrator is due to fly in 2010 and a production prototype is targeted for 2011.

The indigenous MALE is also likely to support a weapons capability, Cigdemoglu says. "Weapons capability is in our vision, but not with a foreign system."

Turkey is one of only four nations participating in NATO's UAV weaponisation study, which was launched this year.
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2008/01/21/3221666.htm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRQtM6xzRDI"]YouTube - TIHA MALE UAV Animation[/ame]

s3kiz

I think this is fabolous, its only time that we will see cruise missiles been operable from Turkish UAVs.

And in regards to what BilalK has already said, technically it is feasable for Turkiye to research and produce indigenous stealth capable war plane, but the question i think is whether it is politically viable both internationaly and domesticaly, however with the new balances of power and problems associated with the ambitions of "nwo" is unfolding i think it is inevitable such a venture by Turkiye to occur.

Cheers.